Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Vittoria terreno
  • 100psi
    Free Member

Does anyone use these vittoria terreno tyres especially the mix or the wet?
    Will the mix give enough grip in the sloppy mud that we have everywhere at present?

https://www.vittoria.com/us/terreno-mix-cx-and-gravel.html

kilo

Been using the wet, front on my wife’s cx and on the rear of my spare bike pretty pleased with them over fairly muddy bridleways and slop. Always been a fan of vittoria cx, go up easily last well. Not racing but out for off-road rides 40-60 mile stuff and no complaints

Garry_Lager

They’re highly rated for racing – roll v well for a mud tyre and are reliable tubeless, popular choice. Ran one for a season no complaints at all.

For general riding around I count the pennies a bit more as I’m not looking for absolute performance, would depend what price I could get them for and how durable they are (IDK). The vittoria cross XLs used to get proper baldy.

ferrals
    Free Member

The mix seem a bit more aggressive (higher knobs) than other intermediate tyres I’ve had.

Big fan of the wets as cx race mud tyres.

100psi
    Free Member

Garry was that the mix or the wet you used for racing?

100psi
    Free Member

I am thinking of getting a set of the mix for the winter and using on a few late season cx races and then using them for the HoNC later next year as they look like they will roll well.

Garry_Lager

I had the terreno wet. Tread looks on the light side for a UK mud tyre but they grip pretty well IME.

steve_b77
    Free Member

The Wets are great tyres, a lot of people across the NW league use them. As above they’re fast enough to run in all bar bone dry conditions, grip well, shed well, go up tubeless easily and last well.

The Mix are a good all rounder and may well be more suited if you’re not racing round a muddy urban park for fun every other weekend.

shedbrewed
    Free Member

The wets have a more even spread of knobs across the dome of the tyre than the mix. The mix seem to be lacking a bit in shoulder knobs.
    I am sad enough that I have all four iterations of the terreno; zero, dry, mix and wet.
    I’ve had problems with the mix and wet staying up tubeless. All on the same wheels.
    The mix have a tread pattern very similar to the Challenge Grifo.

@100psi
    I rode HONC on the dry last year and they were fine.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Vittoria terreno’ is closed to new replies.