Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Viagogo – E-tickets? I haven't been diddled have I?
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Just bought tickets for a concert next Thursday from viagogo. Original ticket price plus booking fee & shipping would have been around £60 for 2 tickets. I paid just over £67, which I’m happy to do for a gig only a week away. My mate and I have bought lots of tickets from viagogo in the past because we’re never organised that far in advance for popular concerts and we’ve never had a problem and have only ever paid maybe a tenner more than face value for the tickets.

In my confirmation, it says they’re e-tickets. I’ve always had tickets posted to me prior to the event previously. The whole e-ticket thing isn’t a scam is it? 😕

The viagogo guarantee is as follows from their website:

The viagogo guarantee
    viagogo provides choice, convenience and consumer protection, so that people can buy and sell tickets for live events all over the world with confidence.

viagogo guarantees every transaction.

We do this by:
    Monitoring all transactions to ensure that sellers deliver
    Delivering tickets using world-class courier services like UPS
    Only paying sellers once the buyer has attended the event
    Buyers are guaranteed to receive valid tickets in time for the event. If a problem arises, viagogo will step in to provide replacement tickets or a refund in the rare instances where this is not possible.

Sellers are guaranteed to get paid for the tickets they sell.

Jeez…I’m ok aren’t I? This is a bit of a surprise for mrs DD. 😐

nealglover
    Free Member

No

Your screwed.

Sorry.

nealglover
    Free Member

😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

sc-xc

I have used e tickets before, have they emailed you the link/code?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

sc-xc, no, I’ve had the confirmation email which says:

Thank you for buying tickets for on our marketplace. Your tickets are now covered by the viagogo guarantee.

Delivery Information:

Tickets for live events are often not released until very close to the event date. Therefore, you should expect to receive your tickets 3 days before the event. We will notify you by email when your e-tickets are ready to download and print.
    To check the latest status of your order you can Track Your Order at any time.

(the concert is on Thursday…so possibly Monday?)

sc-xc

Looks fine to me.

From their website:

How to download your e-tickets
    When your seller has uploaded the tickets to the viagogo website you will receive an email from viagogo containing a link from which you can download your eticket. You will need to then print off your ticket(s), in either colour or black and white. If you accidentally lose the printed ticket, or delete the file from your computer, you can download it again from the same link, and reprint your tickets, but please note that only one version of each e-ticket and barcode will be accepted at the venue.

If you have not yet received an email with the link, please remember that event organisers typically issue tickets very close to the event date, often as late as one week before the event. This is true for etickets as well as paper tickets, so you should expect to receive the email to download the tickets in the week leading up to the event. It is also advisable to check your email accounts spam or junk mailbox, as it is possible that our email may appear there. You are also able to download the ticket from the “Purchases” section of My Account, if it has been uploaded.

After clicking on the link to download your e-ticket(s), you will be prompted to enter your email address and password. Please ensure that you sign in with the same account with which the tickets were ordered. For security reasons, only the account which purchased the tickets has access to them.

If you have any further questions about downloading e-tickets through viagogo, please email us using the contact us link below.

I wouldn’t be too worried. If it was a scam it would be all over the internet I reckon.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Looks fine to me.

From their website:

😳

I fank you! I couldn’t find that section on their website. Cheers, sets my mind at ease.

wwaswas

This seemed perfect but the lack of an apostrophe is *really* bugging me;

and now it can bug you too.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

😀

Arse off!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Viagogo – E-tickets? I haven't been diddled have I?’ is closed to new replies.