• This topic has 52 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by uggski.
Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Van Track World
  • tthew

That looks decent. 2 sliding doors in those too. I’d forgotten about that, useful if you’re not going to rack it out.

weeksy

They’re a bit snug getting motorbikes in… but do manage it.

weeksy

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/295090223596

This was getting a LOT of consideration at the weekend. But i’m not convinced it’s worth £2000 more for the Dualiner than it is for a van version to me. I wonder if the Dualiner would be noisier or quieter in day to day road stuff.

timba
    Free Member

I think that the price crash has happened. Mine had halved just now on WBAV from what it was a few months ago. The Expert @weeksy mentioned might be worth a price run through before you look; forewarned is forearmed…

RustyNissanPrairie

@weeksy

This ‘Expert’ came up and is being considered here… I may go and view/buy today

If it’s MOT history checks out I’d buy that – it has the bulletproof 2.0HDI.

trickydisco
    Free Member

I bought a t4 panel van in 2009 with 53k on for £3.2k. Then spent another 3.5k converting it over the course of a year or so. I’ve added more bits as i’ve been able to afford it like pop top, heater and now jusyt bought a solar panel kit

Best thing i ever bought and still going strong with 145k miles on

PXL-20220708-174234056
    PXL-20220629-153942691
    PXL-20220527-104932753
    PXL-20210709-083650222
    PXL-20210708-161018590-2

Sonor
    Free Member

Any info of Citreon Dispatch? Are they generally considered alright?

I have a 2009 Peugeot Expert of the 2.0hdi variety. I bought it to replace the old Vivaro I had that was becoming a garage queen. I think I was lucky as it is an ex-police van…a forensics van, so it had done on average 6000 miles a year and was looked after. The mileage is currently approaching 81,000 miles, I got it for 5 grand just as the “van buying for parcel delivery craze” started.

Obviously not as big inside as a vivaro, but you can still fit alot in, and driving wise it is superior. If you are doing motorway miles go for the 6-speed 2.0hdi, the 1.6 hdi(ford derived) engine is on a 5 speed and can be a bit of a screamer at motorway speeds, and if not serviced properly can have issues with oil blockage, and 5th gear can go missing.

No reliability issues so far.

tthew

They’re a bit snug getting motorbikes in… but do manage it.

My current daily is an L2 Transit Connect. Also tight for a motorbike. 😁

weeksy

So the expert and the mid-sized vans are out…. Went down to view the one at Anchor and in simple terms, the back of the van isn’t bad, but the front 3 seats are not for 3 humans. 2 sure, no worries… 3 is just a big no. We may not always need 3… but we sure will at times. So that’s out of the game.

tthew

I don’t think Transits are much roomier for 3 full size adults. You’re right though, max of 2 + medium size dog for anything above a quick local errand.

tillydog
    Free Member

My current daily is an L2 Transit Connect. Also tight for a motorbike. 😁

GPz 550? Looks tidy.

I had a 1984 model for about 10 years – great bikes. Mine is still on the road according to the gov. MOT checker.

tthew

GPz 550? Looks tidy.

Not mine. A lad from work purchased it from another colleague after his father in law died. It had gearbox oil leak that only required a new o ring, but full strapdown to access it IIRC. I think he’s still got it, and would likely sell it if you want me to ask.  I even know someone who can transport it! 😁 (within the northwest anyway).

uggski

I had a 2.0 2007 Expert. Bought it in 2010 for 8K. Bought with 27000 miles on it written off with 71000. Only had the 2 seats up front and half a bulkhead. A year ago WBAC valued it at £4.5, now valued at £2850.

Busy trying to replace it at the moment as I wrote it off in a head on. It was in really good condition. Insurance companies first offer was £800. Busy trying to negotiate a better offer.

Had a few very minor issues with a Pollution control light coming on but it would go out after a few restarts and only come on again if you were idling for a long time. Never got to the bottom of it. Never smoked or gave out any clue at MOT time. Only real problem was it needed a new power steering pump. Had 2 because the replacement failed again but luckily was in warranty. Just under £500 for part and labour. No rust. Oil and filter changes done every yeay by me. Really easy to work on.

Wish I still had it 🙁

Got 3 dirt bikes in easily. My MTB I just wheel into the back and sweep the dirt out every now and again. I would thoroughly recommend them.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.