Home Forums Chat Forum Ukraine

• This topic has 19,742 replies, 535 voices, and was last updated 3 days ago by kimbers.
Viewing 40 posts - 3,921 through 3,960 (of 19,744 total)
  • Ukraine
  • airvent
    Free Member

I also think natos **** it and we’d not even back Poland if he rolled in! Nukes have changed everything.

What makes you think that?

duncancallum

Because its the lesser of 2 very big evils

Poopscoop

Putin won’t invade Poland. NATO then write off his conventional forces and then he launches and we launch.

This crisis has shown why NATO exists.

seosamh77
    Free Member

binners
    Are we being taken seriously on the World Stage currently?

Post-Brexit, we are an utter and complete irrelevance.

You always sound like you lament this fact? I’m perfect happy not to be a ‘big player’ tbh.

alpin
    Free Member

^^ context?

@Scapegoat I do think they’re two different uses. The logs you see strapped to the trucks are too thin and don’t look wide enough to work as improvised traction tracks.

Considering they’re pontoon bridge sections and will be required to drop their cargo off at a designated crossing point, looks like they’re expecting to take some heat.

MoreCashThanDash

I’m not clicking any random link on this thread without some explanation what it is

@MoreCashThanDash it’s a link to a low-res picture of that Russian BTR stuck in mud, with Ukranians using felled trees to try and recover it.

singletrackmind

Its a pic of a troop carrier axle deep in mud. They have built a stick road in front of the apc
    But wont be able to reach it without a wimch and a serious winching point

crazy-legs

You always sound like you lament this fact? I’m perfect happy not to be a ‘big player’ tbh.

The problem is when you carry on trying to pretend to be a big player. Or you (as a country / economy / military force) are a big player but the people in charge are so inept and clueless that they can’t play the game.

For those that may be interested in the size difference: The Javelin is on the left of the image, the NLAW on the right.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Does anyone else think Liz Truss reminds them of Gillian McKeith?

Hard to say. Send Truss a turd in a box to find out one way or the other.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Send Truss a turd in a box

Within six minutes of that turd arriving, Truss would pose for pics with it for her Insta account.

god1406
    Free Member

After reading a post on bikepacking.com this afternoon about Ukrainian companies that produce cycling kit, I placed an order for a lovely front rack with one of them. I added a note to say that I didn’t expect delivery, just wanted to support them.

The owner emailed me this evening to say that he’s joining the Ukrainian army in the next few days and has refunded my money, asking that I donate it to the Red Cross instead. His message ended with “Russia will be defeated”.

I told him that he’ll be in my thoughts, what else can you do. Go for a cycle, I suppose.

She’d probably do an unboxing Reel.

Within six minutes of that turd arriving, Truss would pose for pics with it for her Insta account.

kimbers

Truss failing to point out in that tweet that she was at an EU meeting is fling tragic

Meanwhile Ukrainian farmers stealing tanks from that massive convoy stuck on the way to Kyiv

Poopscoop

god1406
    Free Member
    After reading a post on bikepacking.com this afternoon about Ukrainian companies that produce cycling kit, I placed an order for a lovely front rack with one of them. I added a note to say that I didn’t expect delivery, just wanted to support them.

The owner emailed me this evening to say that he’s joining the Ukrainian army in the next few days and has refunded my money, asking that I donate it to the Red Cross instead. His message ended with “Russia will be defeated”.

I told him that he’ll be in my thoughts, what else can you do. Go for a cycle, I suppose.

So much good in that post other than the context of course.👍

Has anyone seen the AirBnB thing?

grahamt1980

Yep, did the airbnb thing a few days ago. Got an amazing email back saying the owner was safe in Moldova. Near had me in bits (well that’s what Google translate told me anyway).
    I made sure i went for one that was a room in a house rather than going to a big hotel, looked like she was booked out for weeks to come. Cost me sod all but nice to know that it might help a little, hopefully in years to come i can get to go and visit odessa

slowoldman

So I just passed the Manchester pro-Ukraine rally and saw what looked like far right flags. Anyone care to explain that?

Provisional wing of the Tory party?

Caher

Has anyone seen the AirBnB thing?

Is it like the Google reviews of central Moscow hotels and attractions, where people had posted pictures of the Ukrainian bomb sites? I’d imagine Saruman’s goblins have censored them by now.

Poopscoop

^^ No the Air B&B is to channel money to people in ukraine.

slowoldman

we are still one of the biggest economies in the world

Thanks in part to all that lovely Russian cash.

Caher

No the Air B&B is to channel money to people in ukraine

Ah ok.

That’s the bad boy. Brilliant idea.

^^ No the Air B&B is to channel money to people in ukraine.

nickjb
    Free Member

Apparently there is a similar thing on Etsy. A lot of artists on there sell items as a PDF so you can buy without them having to do anything.

alpin
    Free Member

Why not just wire the money directly to the seller or give to an aid organisation rather than etsy/Air bnb skimming their % off the top?

ceepers

FYI Air bnb have waived all fees for Ukrainian rentals

Edit: @ceepers got there first. Easy have done the same for sellers based in the Ukraine.

razorrazoo

🎁💩🤭🤪📸👍🏼

shermer75
    Free Member

Is it like the Google reviews of central Moscow hotels and attractions, where people had posted pictures of the Ukrainian bomb sites?

I just had a quick look, all the photos and reviews looked like regular tourist stuff?

Caher

I just had a quick look, all the photos and reviews looked like regular tourist stuff?

Last week they were – it’s been censored since. Just Google Moscow attractions.

shermer75
    Free Member

Last week they were – it’s been censored since.

Can’t Google get on board with the war effort?!

alpin
    Free Member

Can’t Google get on board with the war effort?!

#profits

jimdubleyou

https://twitter.com/markhachman/status/1499617782299643907

Edit: It’s been deleted as people (like me) were taking it too literally…

inkster
    Free Member

I’ve an awful feeling that things are going to descend into hell over there in the next few days. With so much infiltration by Russian operatives and the involvement of militias and mercenaries it could become absolutely murderous.

The stories of conscripts surrendering and being offered cups of tea and a phone to call their mum will be very much last week’s news. I fear for volunteer fighters going over there to help, they could very easily find themselves out of their depth and involved in war crimes.

thols2

Yes, Putin is “pot committed” in poker-speak. He’s at a point where he cannot back out, his only strategy is to just keep ramping things up and hoping that Ukraine will crumble. It’s going to just get nastier and nastier.

inkster
    Free Member

As funny as it is watching a farmer towing away a russian tank, we haven’t heard the punchline yet. What’s going to happen to him when the Russians come back for it?

We forget that for every video of a plucky grandma of girl throwing a petrol bomb out of a Renault Clio, there’s probably quite a few that we haven’t seen that end with silence and a couple of minutes of blank sky.

Not sure the British public is ready for what is about to come. Though by contrast I think many on the continent do know. Something that makes the vain posturing of our cosplay cabinet all the more repugnant.

alpin
    Free Member

Not sure the British public is ready for what is about to come. Though by contrast I think many on the continent do know. Something that makes the vain posturing of our cosplay cabinet all the more repugnant.

What makes you think that us on the continent are better prepared?

Genuine question, btw.

Viewing 40 posts - 3,921 through 3,960 (of 19,744 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.