Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Todays project & please Id this frame?
  • 2unfit2ride
    Free Member

So todays little project took a lot longer than I thought it would, about 6-7 hours, I thought it would take 2 or 3!

First off I had to venture into the loft & fish the frame & a rear wheel out, couldn’t find the wheel for a while…

Then I had to strip down another bike for some parts, this meant removing a chainwheel that just refused to budge from the crankset.

I then chose the best set of brakes from the spares box, Migura MT7’s I think, anyway fitted them & the levers just pulled to the bars, I don’t have the correct bleed kit so I tried to wing it, 2 hours later & no joy so I gave up & swapped them for some hope mini’s, they needed bleeding to, but at least that is straight forward so job jobbed, but they felt shit so I had to deal with it so I soaked them in brake cleaner, wiped them off, sprayed so more brake cleaner on them & then set then alight with a blow torch, I did the same with the pads & then lightly sand them all with emery paper, they now feel pretty good so well happy with that, anyway finished off the last few bits & this is what I have

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2iYCPYZ]IMG_4561[/url] by Martin Robbo, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2iYCPUL]IMG_4559[/url] by Martin Robbo, on Flickr

Pretty pleased with it, the aim is to treat it as a big BMX (and a bike for my fully grown up daughter) I’m now going to be practicing my flatland skills on the drive until I go back to work (monday?) I have had a little try at rear hops, rock walking & wheelies but I have a long way to go, still I’m 50 in July so I don’t feel bad about it.

Anyway, whats the frame? I thought it was an Azonic something or other but I can’t find a pic of anything similar on images, next best guess was an Identity but I can’t find a match there either? I know I bought it new after I bought a Sanchez which I didn’t like in 2006 but it could of been an old model?

Any ideas?
    Cheers.

cjr61

Nice one. Like the frame. Curious to hear what it is. Very basic flat land skills on mine starting with some Ryan Leech tutorials!

finbar
    Free Member

Giant STP?

somafunk

I’d say giant stp, the frame looks identical to a pic I have of joe Barnes riding his at kirroughtree back in 2008

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Mystery solved, it is an Azonic, it’s a DS1 MKIII 14″. I found the receipt & I paid £139.99 for it in 2007 🙂
    I still can’t find a pic of the exact frame so they must be really rare & worth a small fortune 😉

Cheers.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Todays project & please Id this frame?’ is closed to new replies.