Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 318 total)
  • Time for some honesty and a reach out for advice
  • csb

Where are you? We have stacks of baby/toddler stuff that we need to get rid of if you’re near.

Merchant-Banker
    Free Member

Rigid pub bike for you in Hazel grove if you want it , any bike is better than no bike.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

My email is – moseydo@hotmail.co.uk

Thank you all for the kind offers.

Barnsleymitch – so kind, above and beyond.

weeksy

Is that your PayPal too? Lol

Edit

Test fiver sent.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

The F4’s a medium, I’m about 6′ and it fits me ok. Just let me know if you want to borrow it, send me an email, no need for a fuss and we don’t need to keep going on about it on here. Take care and good luck.

stumpy01

+1 on the baby kit assistance. We’ve got literally bags of clothes that are waiting to be got rid of and some other bits too…

I’ll have a root around and see what we’ve got…

schmiken

Large Whyte 901 sitting around doing nothing here, needs brakes. In Loughborough if you want to borrow a bike long term!

MrOvershoot

Mosey you are spot on the baby won’t care if its stuff is 5th hand all they need is you.

As for bike stuff I have way to many bikes & spares 1 of which is too small for me @ 18″
    Don’t worry about money for it, but to save you feeling like a charity I will email you.

Cougar

In your OP you reached out for advice.

My advice is to let people help you.

You’re uncomfortable with Mich’s offer (and everyone else’s) and I get that. But if you fall over you’re no use to your family or to anyone else. Tear his bloody arm off, even if you have to rationalise it by paying him back later. Look after number one or you can’t look after any bugger else.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I’m usually the strong one offering any help I can so as so easily noticed I am struggling to accept it’s me who needs it now.

I’m 5 ft 7 so imagine it would be too big but I’m so thankful for the offers.

weeksy

I’m usually the strong one offering any help

As are we all, hence why we can relate to your problems, we see in ourselves how easy it would be to be the same.

unklehomered
    Free Member

If a build happens in the immediate future I’ve a pair of 26″ wheels+tyres as well as other bits.
    Only just saw this thread, but there’s arthritis in my family, it’s a proper bastard.
    A bike isn’t just a thing, its space to breath, and a moment’s freedom. I speak having clung to rides in difficult times. Also, I’ve no baby things with which to assist…

scotroutes

I have a Ti hardtail frame that you could borrow (it’s definitely a loan as I want it back!!!!). I’m 5’7″ so it would be fine for you.

Headset.
    A pair of Hope/Mavic wheels. Choice of tyres.
    Some BB7s (need rotors).
    XT shifters, front and rear mechs.
    Stem.
    Bars
    Grips.
    Saddle

Anyone have a set of forks (100mm or thereabouts)??
    Cranks/Rings
    A cassette/chain
    A 27.2 seatpost

I reckon that’s about a complete bike?

theboatman
    Free Member

My girls are the youngest of 8 neices and they have rarely had the sight of brand new clothes, particularly up to about the age of 8/9. But this has given us more cash for holidays, trips out etc, and seem to get more out of this than any new item of clothing.

Can do the 27.2 seatpost, and probably the cassette and chain, and rotors.

unklehomered
    Free Member

Think I might have the seat post. if 9 Speed a chain too. I no need for either, and they have no real value on the FS board.

garage-dweller

Big old box of dusty 26″ / inch and an eighth era spares here if you need anything. Most of its no use to me as starting on a cull of kit for space reasons so could end up going in a skip or bike recycling charity anyway.

Email in profile.

Baby kit I can’t help with as it’s already gone.

weeksy

I have a post in that size spare yes

deepreddave
    Free Member

Mosey – well done on posting and for getting this far. Those who care for others often struggle to recognise how great their contribution is. Great news re baby Mosey and hope all goes well for you all.
    Happy to chip in if a build fund is needed.

garage-dweller

My box of stuff could fill the blanks for scotroutes offer that are not already offered above btw.

murf
    Free Member

Scotroutes, I’ve some old Rockshox somewhere. I think you live local to me so I can drop them off with a pair of cranks too, if the OP accepts your offer.

scotroutes

Cheers. If this is a go-er you can drop them at Ticket to Ride in Inverness and I’ll get the bike sorted.

chakaping
    Free Member

You don’t buy secondhand baby stuff, people are glad to give it away.

What stuff have you already got? I’m sure me and others will have surplus bits to offer.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

We have a baby mat and a bottle set. That’s it. We will get there though.

bash
    Free Member

Do you live anywhere near an Aldi? They have a baby event on at the moment. I’ll speak to my wife and see if we have anything, although we’ve just got rid of a load of baby clothes. I’m only in Glossop so can drop stuff around.

Edit: Do you need a cot?

vickypea
    Free Member

I somehow missed this thread first time round. I’ve just read the first and last pages.
    My first baby is now almost 20 years old and he didn’t mind that everything was 2nd hand when he was born 🙂
    If you do end up taking up one of the offers to borrow a bike you’re welcome to join us on our Wednesday night rides. We sometimes go from Disley or Hayfield, which aren’t far from Stockport, sometimes we go from bit further away (E.g. Macclesfield Forest). We are Dukinfield CC (the muddy ducks), so you can check out our website.
    All the best to you both, and the baby bump.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I’d seen Aldi had an event, we have one near too so thanks, I’ll go check it out.

Vicky, thank you. Hopefully I can see you one day on a ride.

jambalaya
    Free Member

OP great to hear back from you, “new” baby things make the parents feel better, the main thing the little one will need is the love and attention of his/her parents.

vickypea
    Free Member

We’re a small and friendly group. We love our biking but we are friendly and never leave anyone behind 🙂

scotroutes

Murf – can you drop me an email?

Also – anyone got a couple of 160mm 6-bolt rotors kicking around?

cchris2lou

i have one rotor in 160mm if still needed .

and a Mclaren pram if it is any good .

thestabiliser
    Free Member

can do rotors, (old but will do the job for now) miles away from you scotroutes but can sort posting/dropping off to OP if you send address, got wheels bars, stems and miscellaneous other crap too

metalheart
    Free Member

SR: I’ve got a 27.2 seat pin kicking around somewhere ….

thestabiliser
    Free Member

got some nearly new spd pedals and cleats, too

Trekster

I can donate a RM hard tail frame if we can fit it out, I don’t want it back.
    Had it for a few years with the intention of building it up for one of the grand kids, I am fortunate enough to be able to buy them a bike if & when the need arises.
    Why?
    MrsT suffers from psoriac arthritis+type2 diabeaties
    I will ask MsT & Tjnr if they have any baby stuff

crimsondynamo
    Free Member

Scotroutes Ti HT has trumped us all, but 17″ Marin Mount Vision frame (26″, natch), headset, BB yours for keeps if you want it?

scotroutes

It’s a loan! It has too much sentimental value 🙂

Bring it on Friday?

milky1980
    Free Member

Got a pair of nearly-new Shimano 160mm 6-bolt rotors if that helps? Happy to post to wherever.

metalheart
    Free Member

sr: aye, I’ve got some little used HR and Ardent tyres in 26″ flavour I can bring too.

scotroutes

Tyres I have aplenty!

milky1980 – ygm

metalheart
    Free Member

If Murf forks don’t work out I have a set of F120’s I can put back on the Soul and therefore would have a set of 100-120-140 TALAS that would be ‘spare’…

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 318 total)

The topic ‘Time for some honesty and a reach out for advice’ is closed to new replies.