Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Ti full bouncers, just wrong?
  • andyl46
    Free Member

Not in my opinion!

26 1/2lbs of 5″+ trail bike loveliness. And its the biggest one they do. Unfortunately, I’m on call so I cant get it muddy till Saturday 🙁

Bimbler
    Free Member

What advantages do they offer over aluminium?

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

the ibis bowTi couldnt have been built in anything but ti really. the flex in the ti gives 5 inchs travel in the frame, no real pivots, only a virtual one.

nickc

Lots of places for mud to collect, rear looks spindly. Sorry, not a fan.

Hope you like it though.

njee20
    Free Member

The aluminium Niota weighs less, costs less and is stiffer.

I know where my money would go…

sofatester
    Free Member

Full bouncers are just wrong, get a rigid SS and become a real man!

Don’t forget to tell everyone about it on here when you do…

giantjason
    Free Member

what is the point in a Ti full sus?

i agree with a Ti hardtail as this allows the rear to flex and soak up more bumps……but that is what the rear suspension is for?

andyl46
    Free Member

Thankfully I got it (2 rides old) for less than the price of a new al version as full price is eye watering.
    Advantages are that its stronger and more resistant to fatigue, with the added bonus of being able to make it look like new very easily!

Strangely, litespeed seem to think the ti version is lighter than the Alu version, and as for stiffness, I haven’t ridden both so I cant compare.

EDIT: And I’ve got a fully rigid, but its got hub gears so I suppose that doesn’t count? Lol!

zaskar
    Free Member

Yummy!

tinsy
    Free Member

andy thats lovely, my mate had the al version and I coveted that (when he wasnt looking) I got a ti hartail and its all pish about ride quality, that can be built into a frame of any material, loads of other reasons to have a ti frame than the feel, its as tough as old boots for start, and will still look like new in 10 years time.

sofatester
    Free Member

No, Andy that doesn’t count! Go and think about what you have just said…

andyl46
    Free Member

I’d better not mention its got slicks on it then…

Or that I converted my genesis IO to this:

I’d be in real trouble then!

eviljoe
    Free Member

Loved my old ti voodoo full suss

‘sprang’ up the hills better than an alloy frame. never scratched or dented!

cynic-al
    Free Member

No significant advantages..and in that case, like most Litespeed’s, GOPPING!

D0NK

As mentioned, almost any material can give you the ride you want if you design it right, the only advantage of ti is its strength so it should last a long time (and look just as good as it did on day 1 if that concerns you) great for hardtails but will your rockers, pivots and other FS gubbins last as long and will spares still be available in 10-15 years?

toons
    Free Member

your house is a bit bland.

D0NK

BTW I thought “on call” meant going out for a ride and turning back when/if someone from work phoned you 😉

andyl46
    Free Member

Donk, I wish! Oh, and as long as a good machinist is about, something I can turn (geddit) my hand to if necessary, then pivot gubbins are available! Bearings are standard efforts too. So let me give my crystal balls a rub, and I’ll get back to you! 😉

Toons, thanks for that, any interior design tips to improve that particular area?

Cynic-al, gopping, a fine word, I must use it more often. Probably next time I see a nomad…

Thanks all!:-)

turneround

just as im about to buy a ti bouncer this thread appears…..

toons
    Free Member

Bit of colour?

mt
    Free Member

turneround – don’t let some of this lot put you off. Choose what you want and go for it. I love my bouncy bike, Ti really is lovely stuff. Got a Ti hardtail as well and love that in a different way (hmm does that sound right). Just think of that welder putting all that effort into getting those super smooth runs. You can’t mess a about with Ti so the work gets done by skilled people, to me thats really brilliant.

taxi25
    Free Member

One of my riding buddies has got one.He got it with a great discount as well. In the flesh the look fantastic, and whats more they ride a treat as well.You’ll love the bike Andy,don’t listen to the rabble their just being jealous

turneround

cheers MT…..money is exchanging hands as i write…

mtbmatt
    Free Member

I had an Alu version a few years back. Nice all-round bike. Capable of doing a bit of everything.

Don’t see the point in a Ti version. No advantages over the Alu frame, apart from the show off factor.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Ti full bouncers, just wrong?’ is closed to new replies.