Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Those of you who have bought from Light Bicycle…
  • groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Can you tell me:

– Were the lead times indicated accurate? It says 10-13 days currently on the wheels I am looking at but not sure whether that’s reliable, whether it means 10-13 days to be built or to arrive with me etc!

– Did you request that they marked them as spares/ repairs/lower value for customs or did they take it upon themselves to do this? (Have heard that they do it..)

– Are the NovaTech hubs decent?

superfli
    Free Member

I can answer points 1+2.
    Mine were quoted 10-14 working days I think and took about 14. That was to be built and posted. It took about 3-4 days to arrive in uk and thenabout 10 days in uk customs 🙄
    They said they would put value of £150, I asked and they put value of £100. It didn’t seem to matter, as I was charged £30 duty.

I wrote my exact times on another thread fairly recently

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Thanks for the reply superfli.

Did they initiate the discussion about the customs value?

njee20
    Free Member

Took quite a while for mine, longer then claimed, but I asked for a light pair, and they said they would take longer and was I ok to wait.

They told me they’d mark them at $50 (IIRC), I wasn’t hugely fussed either way, also paid about £30.

superfli
    Free Member

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/light-bicycle-wheel-building-buying-the-spokes#post-7031820

13 working days to manufacture and post. 3 days del.

They told me they would Mark them £150. I asked £100 or maybe it was $.

andysredmini
    Free Member

Mine took about 6 weeks which I thought was normal. I wasn’t in a rush though as i was also waiting for the frame to put them on.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Those of you who have bought from Light Bicycle…’ is closed to new replies.