Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 464 total)
  • The Star Wars Spoiler Thread
  • Cougar

Then after surviving “risky” East London he broke his leg after a door fell on him at the studio

The devil’s in the detail though; it was the door to the Millennium Falcon prop. How badass a story is that? “Broke my leg, yeah… Millennium Falcon accident…”

jimjam
    Free Member

Cougar

That does rather raise the question though as to who her mother is. Given the number of female characters in the canon Star Wars universe, unless our Mr Skywalker had a secret fling with an Ewok I can only presume it’s someone we haven’t seen yet.

Yeah it’s obviously Leia. There’s a clear case of genetic sexual attraction between the two, they must have given in to their impulses and Luke flees to Kerry in shame to live in exile.

When Rei is born her Midi-chlorians are off the scale and she demonstrates Jedi master levels of force manipulation it leads Han to one obvious, horrible conclusion causing the breakdown of his relationship with Leia too.

vickypea
    Free Member

I’ve also been avoiding this thread until I saw the film on Saturday with Mr Pea and 10-year-old son. We all thought it was great. Chewie is my favourite- he was fab!
    I thought Luke Skywalker actually looked better than he did when he was young, the beard suits him.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I thought Luke Skywalker actually looked better than he did when he was young, the beard suits him.

Mr Pea is clearly a lucky man 🙂

@Cougar, hadn’t heard that. Great backstory !

BTW the Ford can’t run was supposed to be a joke spoiler, ie not a surprise at all 😳

squirrelking
    Free Member

Oh yeah, Y Wings were already ancient by OT so that explains that, could have included A wings though I’ll give you that.

Lukes daughter is far too predictable, I’d say it more likely that shes the twin of Phasma who both come from clone stock (there was a reference to clones when The question of using stormtroopers to find Rey was asked, I presume Phasma is a clone since she is superior and actually has a name as opposed to the untermensch with numbers) and was either liberated or put away for a rainy day for when Snoke needed a new apprentice.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Lukes daughter is far too predictable

Can’t make my mind up here. If she’s Luke’s daughter it will surely be the least surprising reveal in movie history, and hardly worth saving up for a future film.

OTOH, if she isn’t then the flashback stuff she experiences when she first touches the lightsabre will surely need some pretty contrived explanation.

I like the idea that it won’t be all about the Skywalkers though, and that they might open it up a bit now they’ve established the connection with the first ones and done the necessary fan service.

forzafkawi
    Free Member

The interviews on Graham Norton where good, speaking of how Ford ventured into East London with Boyega, ensured everyone in the restaurant knew he was there. Then after surviving “risky” East London he broke his leg after a door fell on him at the studio

I thought it was a Nigerian retaurant in the Elephant and Castle area he took Harrison Ford to which is Saff Lunnon. John Boyega was born and raised in Peckham after all to Nigerian parents.

BoardinBob

it leads Han to one obvious, horrible conclusion causing the breakdown of his relationship with Leia too.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQDvsf5lAp0[/video]

Ro5ey
    Free Member

I reckon Rey and Ren are twins.

We’ve had the father son thing… twice now.

Time for some sibling rivalry

Oh and loved it… sat there not wanting to get up outta my seat when it finished.

shermer75
    Free Member

Re Rey:

1) She could be Ben Solo’s sister/Leia and Han’s daughter
    2) She could be Obi-Wan’s daughter, because ol’ Ben Kenobi wasn’t such a bachelor boy after all
    3) Could be Luke and Bib Fortuna’s preternatural love child. De Wunna Wungaaaa!

Harry_the_Spider

Was Kylo Ren so grumpy because his mask was too tight?

It would explain his ears also.

Harry_the_Spider

Could Rey be Max von Sydow’s daughter?

He looked a bit “Jedi” and is too big a name to get wasted in the first five minutes.

jimjam
    Free Member

Harry_the_Spider
    Could Rey be Max von Sydow’s daughter?

…. is too big a name to get wasted in the first five minutes.

See Conan the Barbarian, Robin Hood and several other films. He has a habit of doing just that.

scotroutes

Rey could be cloned from Luke. That would give a blood connection, explain the flashback and build on the reference to cloning.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

From Roger… 😀

Trilogy n Also known as a ‘brown Star Wars’. A turd of such epic proportions it has to be released in three installments. The first can stand on its own as a complete adventure. The second links to the first, but has a dark, inconclusive feel generating an air of foreboding and leaving itself wide open for an unknown ending. The final chapter has drama, excitement and moments when you think all is lost. A grand battle is waged where good overcomes evil and peace is restored in your arse.

shermer75
    Free Member

scotroutes – Member
    Rey could be cloned from Luke. That would give a blood connection, explain the flashback and build on the reference to cloning.

It would also need quite a broad definition of ‘cloning’! 🙂

Cougar

1) She could be Ben Solo’s sister/Leia and Han’s daughter

I wondered that, but I can’t come up with an immediately plausible explanation as to how Hand and Leia would know all about Ren but not have a scooby who Rey is (and even if separated at birth surely one of them would’ve gone “waaaait a minute…?”).

jambalaya
    Free Member

@forza you are quite right I’m sure.

So do the afficiandos on here believe the next two screen plays are already written ?

Also whats the contractual basis, if any, for the films being made/shot/cast heavily in the UK ?

anagallis_arvensis

shermer75
    Free Member

Also whats the contractual basis, if any, for the films being made/shot/cast heavily in the UK ?

Apparently G. Osbourne has given Disney £25,00,000 to make them here

shermer75
    Free Member

It’s true though, every major new character is British. Sweeeet 🙂

shermer75
    Free Member

I wondered that, but I can’t come up with an immediately plausible explanation as to how Hand and Leia would know all about Ren but not have a scooby who Rey is (and even if separated at birth surely one of them would’ve gone “waaaait a minute…?”).

Fair point…

molgrips
    Free Member

Oh and loved it… sat there not wanting to get up outta my seat when it finished.

I leapt out of mine straight for the bogs as I always do after a film, having sat through the second hour in pain.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I am going to see it again on Wednesday night, in “full bloke” mode which means, beer, pizza, single comfy seat.

I can’t wait.. 😀

squirrelking
    Free Member

It’s true though, every major new character is British.

Aside from Adam Driver. So the other two then…

beej

Could Rey be Leia’s daughter but after she split with Han? So Han doesn’t know her/of her?

I’m not sure if the time line would work though.

My other thought is as an earlier post – she’s related to Obi-Wan rather than Skywalker.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I enjoyed the film, it’s better than Jedi – but that is it. In reality it is an unoriginal money spinner with vast amounts of plot holes.

Things I really hated

1) Another Death Star – just bigger and built around a sun. Great! How does it end up snowy with a sun as your space stations core?

2) It’s the plot line of A New Hope – replace girl with boy – girl lives on sandy planet, the place is attacked, she escapes with a droid and ends up trapped on a massive space station, she gets rescued as opposed to doing the rescuing, space station then get’s blown up.

3) Storm Troopers masks filter smoke but not toxins? So in a world with hyperdrives, they don’t have masks that will filter out the toxins in a fire. No wonder the cockwombles station got blown up.

4) The First Order is unbelievably camp.

5) They managed to copy the Tie Fighter exactly and paint it black, and somehow cram a gunner into a ship the same dimension. There were so many other cool designs that could have been used that fans would have liked.

6) No Jar Jar – they could have at least murdered him dead in the first scene.

7) Rey could have been half trained by Skywalker before everything went to hell, I also felt that skywalkers Jedi training school could have been a bit more fleshed out.

8) If they ripped off anything it should have been BSG, we should have seen skywalkers school and the republic fleet get ripped apart and flung throughout the galaxy by a student who disappeared to the outer rim – BSG style (they came out of nowhere) with a computer virus.

9) They managed to destroy coruscant which could have been a cool blade runner style world for future films.

10) How could the starkiller base destroy the Republic fleet, when it’s like a carrier fleet. Moving and it’s whereabouts unknown, spread thinly throughout the galaxy?

11) The ships didn’t move convincingly when fighting, they looked like they were on rails. Even Lucas did a better job.

12) Who strafes a droid that you’re trying to rescue, I was expecting saving private Ryan in Space – not the idiocy that followed.

bigdean

Loved it.

To quote Adam Savage “good to finally have a third good star wars film”

scotroutes

It would also need quite a broad definition of ‘cloning’! [/quote]Not really. Male-to-female cloning is very viable.

Mackem

The new Darth Vader type bad guy looked too much like Steve Coogan to be taken seriously.
    Kylo Ren…

Coogan

CountZero

1) Another Death Star – just bigger and built around a sun. Great! How does it end up snowy with a sun as your space stations core?

Ever heard of a Dyson Sphere? Named after Freeman Dyson, who postulated that once a civilisation had reached a certain point, and populated all of the available real-estate within its solar system, the next step is to break up as much of the system as possible and create a Ringworld, which orbits it’s sun at the optimum distance, after that they would need so much energy that the only course of action is to fully enclose the sun, utilising 100% of its radiant energy.
    This would also explain why such civilisations were undetectable; there’s no transmitted radio from the sphere, it’s all internal.
    They would also be sufficiently advanced to be able to create suitable variations in climate across the interior of the sphere, the total surface area of which would be almost unimaginably vast.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyson_sphere
    See also Larry Niven’s book Ringworld

shermer75
    Free Member

Aside from Adam Driver. So the other two then…

Four: Admiral Hux, Supreme Leader Snoke, Rey and Finn all British actors

Cougar

I thought the not-a-death-star-honest harnessed the power of a nearby sun, not an internal one? Was I not paying attention properly?

scotroutes

Aye but they had to store the energy of a whole sun inside

squirrelking
    Free Member

Yes, that may be but remember our own planets core is as hot as the surface of the sun, thats before you get into any thermal containment they will have added on.

An AGR reactor goes from ~550 deg C to 30 deg C in the space of literally a few centimetres of steel plating, rock wool and one inch bore water pipes, it’s hardly high science.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

2nd one is apparently written up not jj directing this time

Harry_the_Spider

Did anyone notice that the Rebel helmet that Rey was looking at wistfully when she was sat by the wreckage of the AT-AT was Luke’s?

Also… 3PO’s red arm. Does that mean that he has spent some time in the company of The First Order?

And finally… First Order TIE Fighter with action figure are now only £20 at Tesco. It is however worth noting that they are too big to put on your desk at work 😳

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Of course there were lots of old re-hashes….. Kind of hard in a homage not to have them.

But like to think (hope) that the death of Han was a signal if intent…. Out with the old and in with the new.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

MrSalmon
    Free Member

She could be Obi-Wan’s daughter, because ol’ Ben Kenobi wasn’t such a bachelor boy after all

She’s far too young to be Obi-Wan’s daughter, granddaughter maybe. I’m not sure that explains the flashback stuff though.

Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 464 total)

The topic ‘The Star Wars Spoiler Thread’ is closed to new replies.