Home Forums Bike Forum The new Aluminium Scandal 29er from on one / planet x

• This topic has 1,231 replies, 200 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by brant.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 1,232 total)
  • The new Aluminium Scandal 29er from on one / planet x
  • honourablegeorge

slimjim78
    Am gutted. Was really hoping the Bootzipper 29 would accept a full transplant of my drivetrain and wheels, but full boost spec rules me out.

That shouldn’t be the case, you may need nothing more than a rear boost converter.

damascus
    Free Member

Thanks brant.

Are you doing pre orders? I don’t want to wait and then miss out!

fudge9202
    Free Member

Jeez six weeks is nearly mid October 🙁

brant
    Free Member

View this post on Instagram

Soon.

A post shared by On-One (@ononebikes) on

fudge9202
    Free Member

Brant any word on the steel frame?

faustus

https://www.planetx.co.uk/news/products/q/date/2019/08/27/new-steel-coming-soon

…From the steel on one frame thread

New Scandal looks good to me, might be an upgrade for my trusty parkwood, mainly to get an XL – Brant, think t was mentioned before, but is there going to be an XL frame? Assuming that six weeks is the shipping time from China/Taiwan and the pics are from the factory…doesn’t seem that long to wait.

brant
    Free Member

is there going to be an XL frame?

65 head
    500mm seat tube
    480 reach, 610 stack (I think)
    74.5 seat angle
    135mm headtube.
    660 ETT
    58mm drop
    120-130 fork.

faustus

Thanks – sounds good!

wzzzz
    Free Member

Thanks brant.

Are you doing pre orders? I don’t want to wait and then miss out!

Just wait a few months for them to go on “sale” and pay the real price….I’m saving for a black friday bootzipper…

brant
    Free Member

Thanks – sounds good!

No. You’re meant to say it’s too/not enough something or other.

faustus

Ha! Judging by the instagram comments it should also be a carbon fattie with sliding boost dropouts

lupo73
    Free Member

what size are the two frames in the pics, the orange and the black one?

damascus
    Free Member

If youre not doing raw, I guess it’s got to be black

epicyclo

Alas, not single speed or hub gear capable.

brant
    Free Member

RIGHT.
    UPDATE:: IT IS ACTUALLY LIVE

Price is £250.

URL is:- https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/FROOSC29V3

And code PREORDER100 will knock £100 off that, and it’ll be valid for two weeks.

Comes with rear axle, nothing else, and I can’t find the right headset on the website and I’ve got to go pick the kids up from their mums.

guandax
    Free Member

Any details of geometry and sizing please?

brant
    Free Member
    fudge9202
    Free Member

@brant are the bootzipper 29 coming in the same shipment as the Scandals?

brant
    Free Member

No

fudge9202
    Free Member

@brant any ETA?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Are there any full builds in the pipeline before I hit the buy button?

I’ve kinda got all the bits I need, but but the time I’ve either bought forks or settled wkth 100mm ones I have, adapted hubs, settled for whatever ‘narrow’ rims I’ve got spare and ended up with a dog’s dinner build. I’m tempted to get a full bike….

And it’s probably been asked, 27.5 clearance? Not a deal breaker but if I’m building new wheels they might be b+ and keep the narrow 29er ones as spares. But if not I’ll use that budget for a new form or wider 29″ wheels.

russyh
    Free Member

As above, before I hit the buy button…will it run 27.5+ as well as 29?  Quite keen on having a light weight xc wheelset and chubby trail set.

brant
    Free Member

As above, before I hit the buy button…will it run 27.5+ as well as 29? Quite keen on having a light weight xc wheelset and chubby trail set.

It has not been checked with B+ as I didn’t have a decent set of wheels around to check. But…

Chainstays widen internally to around 90mm, which will give decent clearance for up to 3.0in B+ tyres. Dimensional clearance for 29in is 80mm at 364.5m to match the shoulder clearance.

russyh
    Free Member

Thanks Brant, so we are looking at October delivery? Any chance of that being moved further back!? Happy to click BIN, just want to make sure it will be October

brant
    Free Member

Thanks Brant, so we are looking at October delivery? Any chance of that being moved further back!? Happy to click BIN, just want to make sure it will be October

Of course there is always chance of it being moved back.
    We are planning for mid October but boats sink and who knows what else.

trailtom
    Free Member

Is there enough room to get a 31.6 dropper in the 30.9 seat tube?

brant
    Free Member

Is there enough room to get a 31.6 dropper in the 30.9 seat tube?

😐

medlow
    Free Member

These look great.. And at £150!!!
    Good work On-One I’d say (and Brant for putting up with everyone requesting the moon on a stick)..
    Talking of sticks and moons, any chance of a raw/brushed version? 😉

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Anyone spotted any good fork deals for them? Must be something better value than ~£450 Pikes.

damascus
    Free Member

Thanks for the discount code brant!

Before I hit BIN do you have any idea on the weight of the frame? It says tbc on the website. Thanks

kevin1911

That burnt orange – has the colour not been captured very well in that photo? It looks more like a 1970s dull orange, but slightly brighter in the other photo.

Will it come with the cable-routing grommets, or will they at least be orderable?

Finally! Is that an open hole on the inside of the chaninstay near the BB?

Linky

medlow
    Free Member

I think the hole is a cutout in the chainstay plate, not a cable exit hole, I assume to save grams.

kevin1911

Ah yes – like the old Ragleys?!

danposs86
    thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Dammit there were some £299 (and another 10% and £10 etc) 120mm SID RL on crc at lunchtime, but no description so i waited till i got home for some proppper googling to check it wasnt some oem sfuff.

They’ve since gone upto £429.

brant
    Free Member

Spite. And the latest strike in the Torque Wrench price war.

cromolyolly
    Free Member

That burnt orange – has the colour not been captured very well in that photo? It looks more like a 1970s dull orange,

Assuming the background of the orange and black frames is in fact the same, one of the photos has clearly shifted colour balance or exposure. The floor changes from a darkish green to blue ish. So I’m guessing the orange is off too

They’ve since gone upto £429.

Maybe CRC is the latest in the long line of e commerce sites that show different prices based on the device and type of IP used to view the site.

cromolyolly
    Free Member

Am I correct in remembering that the scandal and the big dog will have essentially the same Geo?

brant
    Free Member

Am I correct in remembering that the scandal and the big dog will have essentially the same Geo?

Essentially.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 1,232 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.