Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The Athertons were lovely (Bike Show, so, so)
  • igm

Happy to sign autographs, pose for photos, discuss the merits of coil and air, and so on.

My 16 year old has a good luck message for his last few GCSEs from Rachel and was well please with that.

Gee and Dan saw the merits of air shock for children who are growing, managing to put on the air of folk who might be putting together bikes for closely related children soon.

Came across as really nice people.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

I helped them with doing work on the Machynlleth pump track, a proper down to Earth bunch, Dan asked me if i did digging for a living. Rachael trained in the local gym occasionally, she is a beast, in a good way obviously.

Earl
    Free Member

Love hearing this!

kelvin

♥️

chrismac

Good to hear. It’s always nice when pros are down to earth and approachable

ready

Went to Dyfi Bike Park a few weeks back, and bumped in to Gee at the top of the uplift. After the initial starstruck fanboy “can I have a selfie” minute, he then spent some time (in the hacking rain) discussing the park, his return to fitness, the need to ride etc. Nice Guy!
    Then was served by the very down-to-earth Dan in the shop at the end of the day, and Rach was milling about with her baby – occasionally jumping in a van to smash out a lap. I came away thinking that they are just very genuine, very nice people.

crymble

Same experience at Fort William. They were very friendly and had a lot of time for everyone.

monkeyboyjc

Only ever hear nice things about them…

somafunk

Met dan back in 2005ish at my local trail (kirroughtree), didn’t know who he was at the time and we rode round together, swapped numbers and anytime he was up this way or at GT he would call and see if I was up for a ride, took him up “Merrick” to experience the the highest hill in galloway. very sound bloke indeed.

stcolin
    Free Member

Did the Redbull Foxhunt a couple of times, Gee always seemed pretty laid back and happy to just hangout with all the riders.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.