Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • The Almost Totally Sick World Bicycle (Parts Shortage) Relief Yard Sale
  • stwhannah

It turns out that the Great World Bicycle Parts shortage may have a solution: the dusty shelves of Singletrack Towers/Hannah’s loft. Thanks to a series of events possibly lost to the winds of time, we have a few items to dispose of. These are going to be advertised in the Classifieds, and the proceeds of the sales will go to World Bicycle Relief.

First up, here is how it will work:

After I post this, I’ll head to the Classifieds and start listing the items. Once I’ve listed them all, I’ll come back here and post links to all the ‘Lots’, so you can see where everything is. I will also include a closing date and time for getting your bids in.

If you want to buy an item, place your offer for that item in the comments section of that Classified listing. Keep an eye on the comments, because if someone else offers more, theirs will be the winning bid. I’ll contact all the highest bidders after the closing date.

If you win the bid you’ll also have to sort out shipping or collection from Singletrack Towers. I’ll wrap stuff, weigh stuff, print labels, sit around waiting for couriers, but I’m not paying for shipping – sorry!

You won’t be paying me! You’ll be making a donation of the value of your bid to World Bicycle Relief. Once you prove that you’ve made that donation and you sort out collection/shipping, it’s yours. DON’T make your donation to World Bicycle Relief until I’ve been in touch to say you’ve made the winning bid and asked you to sort out postage.

Please make sure you post your bids on the classified listings, NOT HERE. This post is for your comments on my lawn/drive/photography, and the egging on of bidders to place ludicrous sums of money on second hand bike parts with no warranty. Because it’s all for charity, and I hope you’ll be drinking as you place your bids.

Right, that’s all the instructions. I’m off to the Classifieds to do things with pictures and specs and stuff. Here’s what will be coming:

Renthal Fat Bar
    Intend Stem
    Intend Fork
    Ohlins TTX Coil Shock
    Ergon Tahnee Seagrave Pro Ti Special Edition Saddle
    BX Brand Seatpost
    Rev Grips
    Fabric Grips
    SRAM NX 12 Speed Cassette, Derailleur and Shifter
    Carbon Rims, Hope Pro4 Hubs and Schwalbe Tyres.
    Lapierre Spicy 916 Frame, Fork and Shock

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Brilliant idea!

Yak

ooooh…exciting. What do I need?

danposs86

Too many weeds on your drive.

(I am doing this right?)

EDIT: Link to Hannah’s classified ads: https://singletrackworld.com/classifieds/?posted_by=stwhannah

stwhannah

Phew! That took a bit of doing! Here we go…your yard sale menu:

World Bicycle Relief Lot 1: Renthal Fat Bar
    https://singletrackworld.com/classifieds/advert/world-bicycle-relief-lot-1-renthal-fat-bar/

World Bicycle Relief Lot 2: Intend Stem
    https://singletrackworld.com/classifieds/advert/world-bicycle-relief-lot-2-intend-stem/

World Bicycle Relief Lot 3: Intend Fork
    https://singletrackworld.com/classifieds/advert/world-bicycle-relief-lot-3-intend-fork/

World Bicycle Relief Lot 4: Ohlins TTX Coil Shock
    https://singletrackworld.com/classifieds/advert/world-bicycle-relief-lot-4-ohlins-ttx-coil-shock/

World Bicycle Relief Lot 5: Ergon Tahnee Seagrave Pro Ti Special Edition Saddle
    https://singletrackworld.com/classifieds/advert/world-bicycle-relief-lot-5-ergon-tahnee-seagrave-pro-ti-special-edition-saddle/

World Bicycle Relief Lot 6: BX Brand Seatpost
    https://singletrackworld.com/classifieds/advert/world-bicycle-relief-lot-6-bx-brand-seatpost/

World Bicycle Relief Lot 7: Fabric Grips
    https://singletrackworld.com/classifieds/advert/world-bicycle-relief-lot-7-fabric-grips/

World Bicycle Relief Lot 8: Rev Grips
    https://singletrackworld.com/classifieds/advert/world-bicycle-relief-lot-8-rev-grips/

World Bicycle Relief Lot 9: SRAM NX 12 Speed Cassette, Derailleur and Shifter

https://singletrackworld.com/classifieds/advert/world-bicycle-relief-lot-9-sram-nx-12-speed-cassette-derailleur-and-shifter/

World Bicycle Relief Lot 10: Carbon Rims, Hope Pro4 Hubs and Schwalbe Tyres
    https://singletrackworld.com/classifieds/advert/world-bicycle-relief-lot-10-carbon-rims-hope-pro4-hubs-and-schwalbe-tyres/

World Bicycle Relief Lot 11: Lapierre Spicy 916 Frame, Fork and Shock
    https://singletrackworld.com/classifieds/advert/world-bicycle-relief-lot-11-lapierre-spicy-916-frame-fork-and-shock/

Yes, two of the lots are listed under my partner’s account, because of the limit on the number of ads you can have at once – it’s not some imitation or scam! Get drinking, get bidding, and make sure your bids are in the comments by 9am on Monday 19th July.

bruneep

Classifieds Rules

No more than nine active ads from the same user at any one time – the system will prevent you from posting more..
    Include a price in your ad. Ads with no prices will be deleted. Vague statements like, ‘make me an offer’ will result in your ad being removed.

😉

stwhannah

@bruneep I sought special permission before embarking on this mission! I didn’t actually know the bit about 9 ads until I hit the wall! And I NEED the room in my loft and this seemed like a relatively simple and transaction-charges-free way to go about getting some cash to WBR.

Am I forgiven?

bruneep

👍

cleetonator

@stwhannah I’m presuming the Intend forks are 100x20mm?

stwhannah

@cleetonator Nope, it’s 110×20 (there were brake spacers and caps on the hub). I’ll give the ad a nudge.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I’m presuming the Intend forks are 100x20mm

@cleetonator
    forgive my stupidity but is 100×20 a thing? I thought 20mm hubs were always 110mm, just that they now also do a 110×20 boost?

cleetonator

Thanks for the update Hannah.

@dangeourbrain
    100x20mm used to be the standard for forks pre boost and pre widespread adoption of 15mm axles. Now we’re in the situation where there is 20x100mm (albeit phased out now), 20x110mm, and 20x110mm boost front axle sizes. The mention of spacers on the wheelset listing is what prompted me to ask.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Well there we are, something new and all. I’d only ever seen 20×110 on mountain bike forks even back in the 2000s and the days of qr or 20mm. Fool that I am, I’d always assumed the 20mm standard on things like my old RS Pikes and domains was the same as the 20mm standard on their DH forks.

Dickyboy

Cracking idea, well done, luckily for my bank balance I don’t need any of it though 😕

stwhannah

In case it makes you think ‘oooh that’s a bit cheap!’ and want to bid, or enjoy a squawk of ‘HOW MUCH?!’ here’s a summary of where bids stand as of just about now:
    <p class=”p1″>Renthal Fat Bar – £35
    Intend Stem – £60
    Intend Fork – £150
    Ohlins TTX Coil Shock – £50
    Ergon Tahnee Seagrave Pro Ti Special Edition Saddle – £35
    BX Brand Seatpost – £25
    Rev Grips – £40
    Fabric Grips – £50
    SRAM NX 12 Speed Cassette, Derailleur and Shifter – £75
    Carbon Rims, Hope Pro4 Hubs and Schwalbe Tyres – £250
    Lapierre Spicy 916 Frame, Fork and Shock – £250</p>

stwhannah

ADDITIONAL BONUS LOT 13!

Due to an administrative error, there is no lot 12, but there is a bonus lot 13!

Magura MT 5 brake set

https://singletrackworld.com/classifieds/advert/world-bicycle-relief-lot-13-magura-mt-5-brake-set/

Rubber_Buccaneer

I’m kind of interested in how this ‘Almost totally Sick’ bunch of components sale came to be.  I’m tempted to bid on a couple of items but having pangs of guilt that some poor suckers got shafted along the way.  I have absolutely zero doubts about the seller’s integrity but c’mon, what’s the story?

squirrelking
    Free Member

100x20mm used to be the standard for forks pre boost and pre widespread adoption of 15mm axles.

No it wasn’t. Maybe on some niche forks hardly anyone used but it was always 110mm spacing.

Anyway, to the bidding!

stwhannah

@Rubber_Buccaneer My partner bought a DFA frame. As mentioned in the article: I drove to Wales, collected it, stripped the parts, and got the frame to my partner. That was after Jordan couldn’t manage to arrange strip the parts himself, so it was agreed I would do all the work and he’d collect or courier his parts. The parts sat here waiting for Jordan to collect – and waited and waited. I got done waiting and figured some cash for World Bicycle Relief would be a good way to give me back the space, along with clearing out a few other bits that had accumulated. Does that sound ok?

Rubber_Buccaneer

Does that sound ok?

More than reasonable, if no one has shouted ‘Oi, that’s my stuff!’ by now then making something of it for charity is good.

stwhannah

Update for the Sunday evening crew (seems like a good time to catch the beer google bidders!). Current highest bids are:

Renthal Fat Bar – £35
    Intend Stem – £60
    Intend Fork – £200
    Ohlins TTX Coil Shock – £75
    Ergon Tahnee Seagrave Pro Ti Special Edition Saddle – £35
    BX Brand Seatpost – £25
    Rev Grips – £40
    Fabric Grips – £50
    SRAM NX 12 Speed Cassette, Derailleur and Shifter – £90
    Carbon Rims, Hope Pro4 Hubs and Schwalbe Tyres – £333
    Lapierre Spicy 916 Frame, Fork and Shock – £250
    Magura MT 5 brake set – £150

You have until 9am tomorrow morning!

stwhannah

Thanks all, that makes a total of £1,690 heading to World Bicycle Relief, nice one!

There were a few flurries of last minute bids and I had said by 9am, so bids at 9am have been ignored in favour of the 8.59am bids. I think it means that those who lost out on one thing won elsewhere so hopefully everyone walks away happy.

I’ll send each winner a DM to sort out postage/collection/payment arrangements. Bear with me, it might take me a bit to get those DMs sent, I have other work to get done too!

Here are the winning bids:
    Renthal Fat Bar – £35 – @Gil
    Intend Stem – £60 – @Jamie Callis
    Intend Fork – £450 – @iveson
    Ohlins TTX Coil Shock – £100 – @alpineharry
    Ergon Tahnee Seagrave Pro Ti Special Edition Saddle – £35 – @Hannah Jepson
    BX Brand Seatpost – £25 – @edhornby
    Rev Grips – £40 – @cnud
    Fabric Grips – £50 – @lots_of_hope
    SRAM NX 12 Speed Cassette, Derailleur and Shifter – £110 – @getloose
    Carbon Rims, Hope Pro4 Hubs and Schwalbe Tyres – £350 – @Fahzure Freeride
    Lapierre Spicy 916 Frame, Fork and Shock – £250 – @rdoadesuk
    Magura MT 5 brake set – £160 – @sven

tomhoward

@stwhannah Umm, I bid £475 for the intend fork before Iverson…

stwhannah

ARGH! Multi multi bidding at 8:59! I’m never doing this again…correction:

Here are the winning bids:
    Renthal Fat Bar – £35 –  @Gil
    Intend Stem – £60 –  @Jamie Callis
    Intend Fork – £475 – @Tom Howard
    Ohlins TTX Coil Shock – £100 –  @alpineharry
    Ergon Tahnee Seagrave Pro Ti Special Edition Saddle – £35 –  @Hannah Jepson
    BX Brand Seatpost – £25 –  @edhornby
    Rev Grips – £40 –  @cnud
    Fabric Grips – £50 –  @lots_of_hope
    SRAM NX 12 Speed Cassette, Derailleur and Shifter – £110 –  @getloose
    Carbon Rims, Hope Pro4 Hubs and Schwalbe Tyres – £350 –  @Fahzure Freeride
    Lapierre Spicy 916 Frame, Fork and Shock – £250 – @rdoadesuk
    Magura MT 5 brake set – £160 –  @sven

Sorry @iveson 🙁

alpineharry
    Free Member

I bid for the intend fork at 9am at a price of 500 and someone beat me to the ohlins shock. Again at 9am

stwhannah

@alpineharry I have ignored 9am bids as being after ‘by 9am’ so you get the shock but not the fork.

alpineharry
    Free Member

Ah gutted, slow Internet to blame for that frenzy.

Thanks

Rubber_Buccaneer

I see Fahzure liked those wheels enough to put in a bid, I think he’s got a bargain there and the postage will be cheap 😀 (I say bargain, frankly in the same position I’d probably have just kept the stuff)

stwhannah

@rubber_buccaneer I should hold a fundraising sweepstake on how long it takes him to break them.

Speeder

I’ve only just seen this and am gutted – I would have had the TTX at double that dammit! ;o)

nickjb
    Free Member

Oops same here. Actually I saw it then forgot about it until today. Making threads sticky is about the same as making them invisible.

If for some reason the Lapierre Spicy 916 Frame, Fork and Shock deal falls through I’d be interested.

cnud
    Free Member

@stwhannah sent you another reply as my messaging has all disappeared. Can you confirm you got it please?

stwhannah

Messaging back and sorted I think!

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘The Almost Totally Sick World Bicycle (Parts Shortage) Relief Yard Sale’ is closed to new replies.