Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The £5.75 Narrow Wide Ring
  • P20

I fitted 11spd last year before going bike packing. I kept the 32t ring from the 1×10 set up and fitted 11-46. It was superb for what I needed. For normal use though I wanted a higher gear, so I ordered two chainrings from AliExpress to see what ratios would work. 34t and 36t  narrow wide, £11.50 for the pair. They arrived in less than a fortnight, quicker than the 30 days expected. They are not as nice as the hope that was previously on, but well made. Only thing I’ve noticed is the chainring bolts aren’t recessed so they use a double chainring bolt, not a big problem granted.

I’ve ridden the 36t on a variety of trails and it just works. Hasn’t dropped a chain, is quiet. So  the original plan was to see what ratios worked, but to be honest I think I’ll just leave it on there. I’ll change back to the 32 for bikeoacking, but this works for day to day.

http://Look what I found on AliExpress http://s.aliexpress.com/iM3uQzEj

mattbee

I bought a few cheap n/w rings from eBay to check ratios and chainstay clearance. They worked fine but the 34t I left on the bike over winter got really noisy really quickly.

P20

Yeah will see how this goes. It’s early days but it’s working nice so far

downhillfast
    Free Member

I bought cheap 30T and 32T NW rings, so far the 32T has lasted at least as long as the previous Hope retainer ring. 30T is on the girlfriend’s bike so sees very little use….

boxelder

May reduce bike weight by up to 1kg

Wonder what ring they used before!?

Northwind

I got a 50T narrow wide off aliexpress- not because I wanted to especially, just because there were none in the UK- and though I had to cut a bit off it to get it to fit the ultegra chainset it said it was designed to fit, it’s been ace. TBH they’re not complicated things- I could make one, and I’m shit at this sort of thing- and you can save a fortune by having all your r&d be “trace someone else’s”

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘The £5.75 Narrow Wide Ring’ is closed to new replies.