Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Tenerife at Christmas
  • failedengineer

Me and Ms Engineer are going to Tenerife for a week over Christmas, staying at a place called Costa Adeje. Neither of us have been before. Anyone any tips? In particular regarding getting up the volcano – is it do-able in December (on foot). Yes I know we’ve probably picked the wrong resort ……..

failedengineer

No-one?

jota180
    Free Member

You only gave it half an hour 😉

Costa Adeje is OK, plenty of food and drink to go at, I got back last week

Not sure about Mount Teide but it should be OK, last Christmas I meant to check it out but never got the chance 🙂

davidjones15
    Free Member

With such a lack of patience I think that you and Tenerife are not going to get on well. 🙁
    Info on Teide.

failedengineer

Sorry. 😳

PiknMix
    Free Member

I was there last Christmas albeit on a volcanic field trip, there are loads of busses running to get about, plenty of bike hire if your feeling brave. Not sure about walking up teide, the cable cars still run though.
    Weather can be amazing, wish I was going back this year.

gearfreak
    Free Member

Take some warm clothing for Tiede, can get snow up there at that time of year. (It’l still be sunny and warm at the coast)

ebygomm
    Free Member

Do able on foot depends if there’s snow on top. You need to get a permit to go up to the crater, you can now book these online.

We’ve been to Tenerife twice in February, got permits both times but not possible to go to the summit either time.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Tenerife at Christmas’ is closed to new replies.