Home Forums Bike Forum Stumpjumper Carbon Comp 2012 headset replacement

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Stumpjumper Carbon Comp 2012 headset replacement
  • jonnyblease
    Free Member

Apologies as this has probably been done to death however…My headset has started to creak and crack in my 2012 Specialized Stumpjumper Carbon Comp (tapered ht) time for a replacement after a wet winter, any advice on a replacement unit?

I had a scout around on the internet but seems to be hundreds of different sizes and options.

Not too fussed about spending a bit more for a better quality headset presuming it lasts a little longer.

Cheers

amt27
    Free Member

is it integrated?

orangeboy
    Free Member

Yep it has a campy top bearing and a 1.5 lower bearing
    Only issue is the top one Spesh spec is deeper than most campy ones

You could just get two new bearings rather than a whole headset

orangeboy
    Free Member

Top bearing should be either 41.8 6.5 45 or 41.8 8 45
    6.5 and 8 refer to the height of the bearing
    41.8 is the dia an means its campy style
    45 is the angle

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

I think you will struggle to get the bottom bearing from anywhere other than Specialized as it has a funny angle to it and you will need to buy a headset complete from them at a cost of , I think RRP £75 . 2 expensive bearings eh !

brakes
    Free Member

call Specialized in Chessington and speak to someone in the technical department, they’ll be able to give you a part number for the headset or just the bearings and you can contact a Specialized dealer and ask them to order them for you.
    Or get your LBS to order a Cane Creek one from Extra (UK distributor).
    I tried for a long time to get hold of one online but couldn’t apart from the US which was $$$$. Ended up doing the latter.

amt27
    Free Member

more than likely the same bearings as my 2012 Epic

lower bearing can be bought from Superstar, far less then rip of Spesh dealer or trawling through a Cane Creek or FSA catalogue,

http://superstar.tibolts.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=61&products_id=439

upper bearing is this one

http://www.ukbikestore.co.uk/product/140/160_6480/fsa–870-campag-compatible-micro-acb-headset-bearing.html

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Stumpjumper Carbon Comp 2012 headset replacement’ is closed to new replies.