Home Forums Chat Forum Stuff that makes you disproportionately cross

Viewing 40 posts - 961 through 1,000 (of 2,760 total)
  • Stuff that makes you disproportionately cross
  • jhinwxm
    Free Member

It’s good that you realise it’s disproportionate to get cross about those things 👍

That’s probably why I put it in this thread

johndoh
    Free Member

I was getting disproportionately angry at people using disabled spaces when they shouldn’t, being too lazy to walk up a single flight of stairs in the gym, and then walking on a running machine.

There’s a perfectly fit guy at the gym that I go to. Instead of parking in the car park where there is more than enough space to go around, he parks his big BMW SUV literally right outside the door to the gym on double yellow lines. He also spends more time staring at his phone than he does using the equipment.

Cougar

I was getting disproportionately angry at people using disabled spaces when they shouldn’t,

I don’t think that’s disproportionate.

I live a few doors up from a fish & chip shop. The road directly outside is variously double yellows and a disabled bay. There’s ample parking literally like 20 yards away. The number of entitled “I’ll only be a minute” cat funts who sit there noshing away in their Range Rovers is just astonishing.

stwhannah

When you decide to give yourself an easy life for once and have a ready meal, but when you peel off the plastic lid it just rips around the edges, leaving the middle firmly glued in place.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Cinch adverts.

redmex
    Free Member

When you get an older car MOT and they stick half a dozen advisory eg slight misting of oil on a shock absorber

I took a car I bought back to where it got a few mot’ s over the years and the corrosion or grease on 2 brake pipes advisory from a year ago failed the car, it has only done 4000 miles over the year and kept in a garage over the winter. I was told the corrosion has  got really bad over 12 months

funkmasterp

People who block the pump at the petrol station when they aren’t buying fuel, just a crap take-away coffee and some fags.

I’ll go one further. Anyone that doesn’t use pay at pump where available. Bastards. Fill up and **** off! You don’t need an overpriced mars bar, crap coffee or paper.

redmex
    Free Member

These food eating distractions remind me as an apprentice getting a bit of a hard time from one guy especially

Anyway the other apprentice who was always sent to the bakers for the bully journeyman everyday for cream apple turnovers and cream eclairs but probably never suffered from high cholesterol as on the way back the cheeky scamp would get his own back by squeezing and sucking most of the cream out

He would have been disproportionately cross had he known

Cougar

Butter gynaecology.

You know what I mean. Folk who peel back like 1cm of the paper / foil under the lid and then try to extract the entire tub’s contents through it.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

“can I speak to the person that deals with your finance* please?”
    “in what regard? can I help?”
    “do you deal with the company finance?”
    “which bit?”
    “I need to speak to the person that deals with the company finance”
    “OK, which bit, maybe I can help”
    “the company finance, do you deal with that?”
    “so you keep saying, what roughly do you actually want to sell me?”

*see also logistics, stationery, packaging, space program…

blokeuptheroad

Being pestered to leave a review for every single sodding thing you buy, every service you use, every place you visit.  Time and again, even if you’ve already reviewed it multiple times.  Just **** off and leave me alone you needy, whiney bastards.

People who wear current issue military kit and aren’t in the military. **** wetwipes.

onewheelgood

I think I’d be disproportionately cross with anyone who rang up asking such a vague and ill defined question. In most companies I’ve worked in it could be hundreds of people in finance, each dealing with a specific subset.

pisco

Yeah, I assimed it was @dangerourbrain asking this, but now I’m not so sure.

theotherjonv

People who wear current issue military kit and aren’t in the military. **** wetwipes.

My Altberg boots bought from an online surplus store are perfect brown walking boots, wetwipe or not.

Sandwich

Men that urinate in the toilets when there are urinals available

Those of us older chaps with prostate problems don’t like to stand around for 3 minutes or more at an urinal. Using the traps enables us to allow the flow, pause and flow again cycle to complete without tying up the quick use urinals and attracting unwanted attention.

nickc

Being pestered to leave a review

Imgine if you will, working in the NHS, where the Friends and Family test has become the single thing by which we’re apparently measured these days, not “Are you better?” but “Did you like the doctor?”

If I were world king etc etc

People who wear current issue military kit and aren’t in the military

Saw one in head to toe MTP waiting for a bus the other week, the image only disturbed by the fact that he was maybe 5’6″ was at least 280lbs with a beer belly to rival big daddy…

Saw one in head to toe MTP waiting for a bus the other week, the image only disturbed by the fact that he was maybe 5’6″ was at least 280lbs with a beer belly to rival big daddy…

Usually the way. Met plenty at public engagement events, would often lead with ‘I was going to join the army but…’

Cougar

Have I mentioned this already? People holding phones horizontally flat in front of their mouth. What’s that all about, is it supposed to be ‘cool’ like holding guns sideways in a John Woo movie? I keep expecting to hear them asking Scotty to beam them up.

(Also, “movie,” it’s a goddamn film. I make myself disproportionately cross sometimes.)

Have I mentioned this already? People holding phones horizontally flat in front of their mouth. What’s that all about, is it supposed to be ‘cool’ like holding guns sideways in a John Woo movie?

Like a handheld radio? Yeah, very bizarre.

jag1

I’ll counter that with smart phones that mute the call or hang up if it is even lightly touched by a bit of loose hair* when you put it near your ear.  (I do hold it horizontally but use head phones as no one needs to hear the other side of the conversation but me)

*long hair, not over excessive ear hair

nickc

I have young persons in the office, they’ve said;

1. I’m not on the phone, I’m recording a voice note

2. I dropped my phone and now the “ear” microphone doesn’t work, so I have to use it like that

3. They’ve seen it on the Kardashians, and they do it so their make up doesn’t get smudged, and everyone copies them

4. Oh yeah I do that to

5. because they’re all dickheads, that’s why.

oceanskipper

They only do that phone holding nonsense on “reality” shows so the microphone on set can pick up both sides of the conversation. People who watch said shows are too stupid to know this and think that by copying they are one step closer to being like their idols in the shows.

See also point 5 above.

jag1

You calling me a dickhead? I’d add a smiley but I can’t work out how to, see point 6 below

6. They’re old and incompetent and can’t use this new fangled technology properly.

oceanskipper

@jag1 no it’s a Venn diagram really, people who hold their phones like that to copy TV are dickheads, not all people who use their phone like that as there are (admittedly very few) reasons why it might be appropriate, other than a misguided attempt to try and look cool…

kayak23

I thought it were so the microwaves don’t fry their brains or something?

markspark
    Free Member

People wearing tough mudder T shirts, I imagine they think they’re proper bonkers zany for running round a muddy field

blokeuptheroad

People wearing tough mudder T shirts, I imagine they think they’re proper bonkers zany for running round a muddy field

I don’t quite get that one myself, but meets the thread brief 👍  I imagine they are just chuffed with completing a fun/challenging event and fancied a memento of it? Surely If they’ve done one of those events, wearing the T-Shirt is no different to someone wearing a ‘Fulchester 10K’ T-Shirt or whatever?

Cougar

I’ll counter that with smart phones that mute the call or hang up if it is even lightly touched by a bit of loose hair* when you put it near your ear

… are broken. Proximity sensors have been a thing forever, the touchscreen should disable if it’s near your face.

6. They’re old and incompetent and can’t use this new fangled technology properly.

You don’t know how a phone works?

I thought it were so the microwaves don’t fry their brains or something?

Bit late for that.

dyna-ti

Vegans.

No wait, I’ve done that one…

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

Folk leaving car engines running while waiting at level crossings. Even though there are lots of signs saying “Stationary vehicles please turn off engines” plus a load of signs designed by a local primary school. A pointless, unnecessary (and easily avoidable) way to pollute the air.

This is in Starbeck between Knaresborough and Harrogate so a very busy road where the barrier is often down.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Yeah, I assimed it was @dangerourbrain asking this, but now I’m not so sure.

People who accidently insult you on the internet

sirromj

Meta disproportionately cross people make me proportionally disproportionately cross.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Meta disproportionately cross people make me proportionally disproportionately cross.

The ones who tell you about it on Facebook you mean?

(and easily avoidable)

Yes they could fix the crossing being closed for 20 minutes an hour. Or maybe just open it between trains. Or send all the traffic down bogs lane.
    Any of these would also improve my pedal to work significantly too.
    Possibly not as much as getting rid of other people.

Actually I think that is my only real offering for this thread:

Other. Bloody. People.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

Yes they could fix the crossing being closed for 20 minutes an hour. Or maybe just open it between trains. Or send all the traffic down bogs lane.
    Any of these would also improve my pedal to work significantly too.
    Possibly not as much as getting rid of other people.

Actually I think that is my only real offering for this thread:

Other. Bloody. People.

It’s a bloody nightmare but one step at a time and it would be great to get folk to at least turn of their engines. I can easily jump the queue on my motorbike 😃 Still can’t work out why some folk think leaving their engines running for 10 minutes is a good thing.

oceanskipper

(I do hold it horizontally but use head phones as no one needs to hear the other side of the conversation but me)

It’s quite possible that your headphones also have a microphone so no need for the horizontal nonsense – and if your headphones don’t have a microphone then you should get some that do.

Ambrose

People moaning about the 20 mph limit recently introduced to built up areas here in Wales.

And more irritating is my colleague who spouts that she’s not going to comply with the new limit but then drives at 20 mph along the unaffected 40mph bypass. Grrr.

zomg

Wheely bins and domestic bin collection. It’s such a stupid system and so utterly inappropriate for urban areas.

Murray

Agreed, the Spanish system with large communal bins roadside or underground works well

kjcc25
    Free Member

QUINNBET advert that is taking up nearly half the screen of my laptop as I write this.

Viewing 40 posts - 961 through 1,000 (of 2,760 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.