Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Steel frame- just lacquer (a la Curtis) or will rust show (a la Summer Season?)
  • hora
    Free Member

Just nitromores a steel frame. Looks quite nice. Should I (self) lacquer or will it look naff (blobby like a amateur-car paint-job) and rust still start to show through after a while?

If I two-coated lacquer the frame would an amateur lacquer job look good and protect against rust?

I was thinking- first coat lacquer. Put on some decals then lacquer again over.

ken_shields
    Free Member

if it's steel get it clear powder coated then put your decals on then get it lacquered to protect the decals

The Curtis I've just bought is showing signs of rust in various places

jackal
    Free Member

The curtis's look nice because you can see the brazed joints…
    A normal welded frame, hmmm, just get it powder coated the colour of choice for a proper job, or rattle can it and let the rust come thru when it wants for the 'rat' look 😀

hora
    Free Member

Hmmm good point.

MrSmith
    Free Member

you will not have the frame long enough for rust to be a problem

hora
    Free Member

you will not have the frame long enough for rust to be a problem

Dont you have some cheap weddings to shoot somewhere?

MrSmith
    Free Member

No.
    even if i did your frame would be sold before the film comes back from boots.

mamadirt
    Free Member

It'll rust if you rattle-can lacquer it yourself. Did an old BMX frame a few years ago. Looked pretty good first off but scuffed very easily and as it was kept in the garage the rust soon started showing.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Steel frame- just lacquer (a la Curtis) or will rust show (a la Summer Season?)’ is closed to new replies.