Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Stanton Sherpa QR swapout/dropout – Anyone got a spare?
  • ieperry
    Free Member

Hi,
    I bought a Stanton Sherpa a few months ago with QR dropouts (swapouts). I’ve really loved it.

One crash later though and I need a new dropout. Unfortunately, Stanton have said they don’t provide spares for this anymore. Instead they suggested I ask around forums and see if anyone has parts for sale.

I’m pretty dissapointed by the customer service but there is not much I can do.

Can anyone help? Obvs happy to pay.

Thanks,

Ivan

tomd
    Free Member

That’s balls. I’ve got a Sherpa with the QR dropouts. It took ages after ordering to get them, Stanton basically said they’d run out and a guy was going to make more for them but he lost the “master” that they sent him to copy so that was that but here’s some we found down the back of the sofa.

From what you’re saying it sounds like they’ve given up on them completely which is a pain. Also interested if you manage to find spares.

Jonno

As a fellow Sherpa owner I feel that’s a bit poor of stanton. Fortunately for me at least mine is a mk2 and I bought a spare hanger just after I got the frame.

Are these on betd any good?

Betd

If not it does say you can send them a photo and they will advise.

ieperry
    Free Member

Afraid not, it’s called a swapout and is unique to stanton.

Looks like only recourse is to raid other people’s spares bins 🙁

Feel pretty dissapointed, it was a £600 frame. I’d hoped for more support.

tomd
    Free Member

Likewise. I’d also prefer the paint not to come off in chunks.

ieperry
    Free Member

TBF, the paint on mine has been pretty good. I’ve also precariously bent my hanger back into shape. It’s clearly weakened but I did manage a ride yesterday.

Worth noting that the frame is really good, just a great xc bike which is also agile in the descents.

Just wish I could get parts 🙁

Bump for assistance. Anyone?

ip

superfastjellyfish
    Free Member

Is this for a Mk1 or a Mk 2 sherpa? I think I have a hanger for a Mk1 in the shed.

dumbbot
    Free Member

I’ve got QR swopouts for my slackline next gen that I’ve never used, you’re welcome to them…someone else asked about these not so long ago and never got back.

Andy

If anyone has any Sherpa Mk2 Singlespeed drop outs spare please do get in touch?

gazc
    Free Member

i’d be interested in that mk1 dropout superfastjellyfish if the OP isn’t!

ieperry
    Free Member

Hi Dumbbot,
    Please consider them sold! I’ve sent you a PM.

Cheers,

Ivan

CalamityJames
    Free Member

Only other alternative would be to get 142 dropouts and convert rear hub, if that’s an option?

tomd
    Free Member

I got the Sherpa specifically because it could do QR. I use the bike with a Burley kids trailer so it being QR saved me a £55 burley axle, new hub and wheel build. Somewhat softening the price tag.

What a mug, should have got the PlanetX Whippet which was plan B.

Andy

Yes, same here. Planning to tow a BOB trailer with mine so want qr drop outs as well as the SS drop outs. Didnt want to say anything until OP had got his though. From another post I see Stanton are a bit busy so will be patient for now.

ieperry
    Free Member

Similar story here. Needed a QR axle for our follow-me-tandem so had a couple of rear wheels built up on reconditioned QR hubs.

As suggested, I can buy the 142 dropouts and rebuild my wheel(s) but then I can’t use the follow-me-tandem (which has been great for getting our daughter out on the trails).

Cheers,

Ivan

ieperry
    Free Member

Update. Stanton got back to me saying they’re going to properly trawl through all their parts bins and see if anything can be found. If not they will look again at a small production run to help out users who need a replacement (no guarantee but they’ll see what can be done).

I’m 100% happier with their latest chat, far more consistent with previous dealings. Thanks Stanton.

Looks like Dumbbot is going to be able to help me out in the short term (thanks again) so if I get wind of any availability from Stanton, I’ll post here for other users.

Cheers,

Ivan

Andy

Sent you a PM Ivan. Cheers

stuhawk
    Free Member

Thanks for the update Ivan. As a Mk 1 owner i’ll definitely get one if they can get them out to customers.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Stanton Sherpa QR swapout/dropout – Anyone got a spare?’ is closed to new replies.