Home Forums Bike Forum SRAM S1000 Crankset – ring compatibility

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • SRAM S1000 Crankset – ring compatibility
  • fenn123
    Free Member

On a previous thread I spoke about how my Anthem came with a 39 large front ring (on a double) instead of the advertised 38. I am more of a spinner and prefer a higher cadence so would like to try a 38. Whats rings are compatible with the SRAM S1000 cranks? They are 4 bolt and a double. Would like to keep cost down too.

Many thanks.

sq225917
    Free Member

They are 120 bcd. And there are precious few large rings with pins/ramps that fit. Sram do rings to fit of course and so do Raceface. There’s a few brands that do 120 bcd but they are mostly singles with no pins/ramps or increasingly narrow wide which is no use on a double.

z1ppy

there a chance it could be either a 120 or 104 BCD, check you rings they will be marked with the relevant BCD. As per the above post 120’s are harder to find than 104, but it might be possible that your S1000 has a removable spider (I’ve a S1400 that has the removable spider). Obviously not a cheap solution but replacing it with a 104 (X9/X7 or after-market) spider would make life easier long term
    Had a quick search and the spider isn’t replaceable.. that said the SRAM site says there a 104/64mm BCD.. but then to add confusion CRC had a set of 120 BCD for sale!

PS: I doubt 1 tooth would make that much difference, I’d be looking at going down to a 36 myself (Not sure that possible on 120BCD)

fenn123
    Free Member

I think they are 104BCD, although bike it at home at the moment.

sssimon
    Free Member

I’ve a 24 and 38 and spider of a set of X0 cranks with very few miles I was going to stick up on the classifieds

fenn123
    Free Member

I’ve a 24 and 38 and spider of a set of X0 cranks with very few miles I was going to stick up on the classifieds

Thanks. Not sure I can justify a set of XO. I am uncertain if that would mean replacing BB too or would they fit straight on?

akira

Its a 104bcd, the X0 cranks have a removable spider but yours don’t. The ring should fit fine though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘SRAM S1000 Crankset – ring compatibility’ is closed to new replies.