• This topic has 15 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Spoke Chinos
  • arcing
    Free Member

Anyone tried these? I need some new smart casual stuff for work, and these guys seem to have a good reputation. I’m after some that won’t go baggy in the butt after sitting down for an hour.

If anyone’s got a referral code, that would probably help with the decision.

drlex
    Free Member

Bought a pair of chinos at a decent reduction, and still think I overpaid. I’m no Chris Hoy, but their ‘C’ roomy fit are still snug. No coin pocket, average construction, crease badly. Won’t bother again and will just get M&S/Uniqlo/whatever instead & save money.

ian-r

Bought some and wore them once. They were not comfortable at all.

arcing
    Free Member

Does that mean I need to go proper shop shopping, and not do this all from the comfort of my sofa?

Thanks for the reviews.

johnjn2000

I beg to differ gentlemen. With my short legs I struggle to get anything the right length but spoke have some that fit. I have decent sized thighs and actually had to move to the slimmer fit. I absolutely love the button mech as well, I have had a few buttons snap on Ted Baker chinos, these metal clasp things are bomb proof.and finally the packaging they arrive in has a simple pull off strip to re-seal it if you need to send them back free of charge. In short, I love them.

ElShalimo

They’re quite a good fit (36-C-34) but they’re certainly not worth the full price. I got a pair at 50% off and at that price they are okay(ish).

lorax

Very expensive, but they are a better fit for me than anything else I’ve tried so I’ve stuck with them. The knees go a little bit baggy pretty quickly, but then don’t get any worse, and I can keep a pair going for several days. I’ve got a pair each of Heroes, Fives, and Bulletproofs. the Heroes are my favourites, but in winter the heavyweight Bulletproofs are great for my commuting pattern, with a short bike ride at either end of a train journey.

The free returns thing is good. I bought multiple pairs to try different fits, and it was very easy to send back the ones I didn’t want.

Overall I’d find it hard to recommend them because of the price, and if you’re a normal shape you’ll be better off elsewhere. But if they happen to be suited to your particular configuration they may well be worth it.

klaus
    Free Member

Recently picked some up from M&S. travel chinos which are super stretchy but smart looking, good fit and extremely comfy and only £45

smokey_jo

Dickies work pants don’t go baggy but you might have to experiment to get the right fit.

iainc

I have 3 pairs of Sharps and one of Heroes and think they are good. I have a 30 inch IL so hard to get a fit in shop sizes. Spokes in the slim build (A), 34 waist, work well for me.

The Sharps have been worn on daily rotation at work for a year probably and are good as new, wash and iron inside out.

They are jolly expensive at £90 a pair though..

matt_outandabout

Recently picked some up from M&S. travel chinos which are super stretchy but smart looking, good fit and extremely comfy and only £45

This.
    And they do waterproof ones that are toaty warm and practical, but look smart.

burko73

I’ve yet to try them despite getting offers after signing up to their mailshot. I’ve been wearing dockers in a couple of versions for the last few yrs after the gap ch8nos went downhill. They stretchy more casual dockers are great for knocking about in and not so smart days and the smarter offerings are good as well. Normally get them in a sale of some sort. Seem to wash and last well.

alwillis

Currently about to take a pair of sharps (bought in the sale) for their first day at work. As said above if you have short chunky legs they seem to fit better than almost anything else I’ve tried (and I’ve tried a few now). 32-C-30 here

May be back in a week to say they aren’t worth the 50% off price, but so far I’m impressed.

gary

I like them – seem better than average to me though I’d agree they still feel a bit pricey. Being able to get a 31 waist makes for a better fit for me. I have a pair of sharps that I really like for something a bit smarter, and some in your face ones that I like for being very orange 🙂

I can probably sort out a referral code from my account for a discount …

arcing
    Free Member

Thanks to £25 off courtesy of johnjn2000 I’ve just ordered some Heroes. But the other suggestions are really helpful, I’m going to try some of them out as well. Unfortunately a I need new work wardrobe after lounging around the office in jeans and t-shirts for a couple of years.

DezB
    Free Member

Another one of those clever marketing things. Come up with a normal product, a decent name, make it look high quality with nice flyers and a website, charge over the odds to make people think they’re getting something more special.
    Bloody clever, wish I could think of something. Funniest one is welly boots. But people fall for it a lot. Wonder how many attempts at start ups like this fall flat on their arses.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Spoke Chinos’ is closed to new replies.