• This topic has 9 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by cxi.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Sorry.. What Lightweight 2.1 / 2.2 Trail tyre, Fast rolling fit & forget tyre??
  • Spankmonkey
    Free Member

Ok, recommend me some lightweight but tough trail tyres. I am not into changing tyres so all weather but leaning towards dry, 2.1 or 2.2’s, fast rolling, light, that wont wear too quick or puncture too easily.. I have 2.4 nobby nics snakeskin and want to shave a chunk of weight off.. What would you recommend?

woody2000

Small Block 8 🙂

fozzybear
    Free Member

must say i've been happy with my kevlar 2.35 ignitors they come up smaller like a 2.2 size..

poppa
    Free Member

Sorry to be a pain, but lightweight and tough are not generally mutually compatible. There is always a compromise somewhere!

I was under the impression that Nobby-Nics were one of the best combos of weight and grip around, not that I have tried them. I doubt it would be easy to go lighter without compromising puncture resitance.

fozzybear
    Free Member

poppa while your right he has the snakeskin versions, they are a bit heavier.
    i've sold all my NN and RR's since i tried the ignitors..

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Id still go for 2.2 NN/RR (tubeless) combo, brilliant in all conditions. I own (and have tried) about 20 pairs of tyres, and im still back on these again.

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

the nic's are bullet proof and you pay for the weight increase, I really do not need 2.4's with snakeskin protection. looking on CRC you get a huge range of weights from 450-850+ gms … 800 grams difference for a different set of tyres is huge if you dont need ultimate protection. looking quickly I know I can move to Mt Kings and save 460 gms.. 1/2 a Kg in one swoop! I like 2.1 – 2.2's and am certain I can save weight over the nic's.. just not sure which of them will perform!

Swiftacular
    Free Member

I wouldnt move to Moutain Kings personally, they were great in the dry, but awful in the wet. Run them tubeless, then you dont need the Snakeskins.

boxelder

Maxxis AdVantage

cxi
    Free Member
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Sorry.. What Lightweight 2.1 / 2.2 Trail tyre, Fast rolling fit & forget tyre??’ is closed to new replies.