Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Sonder Bikes new big wheeled offering looks ace!
  • postierich
    Free Member

No doubt at a great price putting a lot of other manufacturers to shame with the pricing good to see the Helm up front.

johnnystorm

Page is up!

Sonder Cortex

matt_outandabout

Cheezpleez

Looks reet

davros

Shame about those colours.

Poopscoop

Nice clean look. Nice.👍

postierich
    Free Member

Colours are great had the pleasure of riding one for 4 days  in all conditions!just gave it back it was very good! A great all day bike which was a pleasure to ride only 29er I have ridden is a Trek Stache so not much to compare it against but it felt as nimble as my Evol smashed lots of Pbs on it

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2gGNGB7]67664738_10157612891496474_7621562360313937920_n[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2gGNGC4]67201420_10157612892011474_3451499924531707904_n[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2gGMZCY]67164522_10157612892126474_3685179422840717312_n[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

sharkattack

Meh. Looks like a Boardman or something.

The goldy looking hardtail they did was mint. Any more details on that yet?

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Geometry seems a little conservative in terms of reach? Good value frame only option though.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Cool, a jobby brown bike. 🤣

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Green one looks a lote like my old Horsethief. Shape is pretty similar too.

superstu
    Free Member

Not the prettiest bike (the white looks very early 00’s in a bad way!) but looks great value. Without riding one I’d guess it’d be ideal for most British riding.

tomaso
    Free Member

From what I could see on Sunday and Wednesday it is very much like STW review of the Sonder that said ist was a fun bike to ride. As for geometry, I’ve just bought a new bike with less extreme and more conservative reach and geo and it seems to suit me riding better.
    fern rich

jruk
    Free Member

I know form should follow function and I really wanted to like this but the rocker / seat stay & top tube angle looks a bit pound shop.

No doubt it’ll ride great and I’d love a short travel 29er but I think they’ve missed a trick on this one.

plus-one

I have the Evol it’s a great bike. They look way better in the flesh too very well put together. Service from alpkit is exceptional as well 🙂

postierich
    Free Member

Tom as you are well aware that was not a crash! it was a dismount at a gate which had a hidden step down 🙂

I have the Evol its just as good but the Cortex climbs better

nuke

Cortex geometry looks good to me. What sort of frame weight do the evol/cortex come in at do we reckon…7.5lb with shock?

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Finally! A nice looking, honest priced trail bike hitting the 130mm 29er sweetspot.

Super work Alpkit.

rossburton
    Free Member

That price with a Helm is quite impressive.

trumpton
    Free Member

Just looked at the Sonder page for the first time. All the bikes look mint. Loving the hardcore hardtail.

cookeaa

It looks good IMO, the fact that they’re managing to offer a £999 frame option mas well as some good builds makes me think they’ve sort of got the likes of Bird in their sights, I can’t help comparing it to the AM9 and Aeris

kula72
    Free Member

My marin rift zone is smirking.

joat

Looks like a short-travel jump bike from about 10 years ago, probably because the big wheels make the frame look smaller. That’s not dissing it, it looks fun and might have been interested had it been available a couple of years ago. I’ll still have a gander when I’m next in the shop though.

joebristol

It looks good IMO, the fact that they’re managing to offer a £999 frame option mas well as some good builds makes me think they’ve sort of got the likes of Bird in their sights, I can’t help comparing it to the AM9 and Aeris

Apart from maybe the Evol vs the Aeris 120LT I’m not sure the ranges are that comparable.

Transmitter is a plus bike with modern but not that slack geometry vs the Zero AM which isnlonger and slacker.

The 145LT/Am160 is longer / slacker / has more travel etc

The AM9 is a 150mm travel slack thing – this new Sonder is modern but not as long and doesn’t have as much travel.

I actually think this new Sonder would make a perfect inbetween trail bike for me (if I had the cash) between my Vitus Sentier and Aeris 145LT.

wzzzz
    Free Member

My marin rift zone is smirking.

I was waiting on this Sonder, but an ex demo B17 3 with pikes and GX came up at a great price that I stuck 29 wheels in.

Very similar geo / bikes. Lots of fun, including surprisingly fantastic climber.

Sonder should clean up with these. Perfect UK trail bike.

kula72
    Free Member

I was hoping the Sonder would have been like a RZ 2 years down the line. But it’s not. If it were 15mm longer reach, 10mm shorter chainstays, a degree off the HA, a degree on the seat angle, came with a dropper on the rev/deluxe build (and wasn’t so goppingly ugly) – I’d have probably bought one!

Guess I’ll have to keep saving for that smuggler 🙂

matt_outandabout

I like the look – but if I’m honest the colours are ‘meh’…

mccraque

anyone know what this may weigh?

flattyre
    Free Member

Anyone else ridden one yet?

Bagstard
    Free Member

I think these look great in green and shall be ordering one next week to replace my plus hardtail.
    Everyone seems to be obsessed with long reach, it doesn’t suit everyone! It is 3mm less than my Airdrop Edit, don’t think I will notice.

scandal42
    Free Member

I really wanted to like this as there is a chance I might be in the market at some point.

The colours are just weird and there is something about the overall look of it that has me a bit disappointed, not sure exactly what though.

Might look better in the flesh but it’s a meh from me

flattyre
    Free Member

I’m more interested in how it rides than looks but the only review so far is one of those where they have a cosy day out with the owner/designer…

TomB

There’s a small in Keswick shop for demo, if you are limited of leg length.

ampthill

Demoed one yesterday over Parkamoor. My bike is 10 years old so it all felt very odd. I never seemed to get the suspension or tyres set up correctly so seemed pinged about allot at first. But it was great on the rocky bits above coniston. Ivory colour would not put have put me off. I’ll try and demo a Bird Aeris 120 next week

I think it has chain stay length varying with size. This might have been good on the climbs….

flattyre
    Free Member

Thanks, I need xl, have requested demo but yet to hear back.

Think it’s the type of bike that would be a bit dull on anything less than the lakes?

ampthill

Actually that is one thing I didn’t think. It didn’t feel dead on boring bits just efficient. IMHO

scandal42
    Free Member

Why would it be dull? it’s hardly monster truck territory

postierich
    Free Member

There is an XL in the Ambleside Store I am taking a chap out for a guided ride around some good stuff on Friday he is taking the XL I,m back on my fat tired Evol

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Sonder Bikes new big wheeled offering looks ace!’ is closed to new replies.