Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Sometimes the police deal with bike theft properly!
  • ajantom

Message from my mate in Thursday…

Well that was an exciting but weird evening. 3 of our bikes got stolen from outside the pub tonight. Two guys cut the locks and threw them in a van, got disturbed so didn’t get the rest.

Bystander got a description of the van and a partial plate, enough to tip the police off it was a Bristol gang. Then the AirTag I have in my bike finally pinged. Address in Bath.

Police hightailed it there. Got the bikes, nicked two guys, and recovered the van (which was stolen). We can go get the bikes back in the morning.

What a result. Police were fabulous. Weird night though.

Great result, though we both think something else might have been going on for such a quick and well manned operation.

Apparently armed police and drones were also involved!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Speshpaul

Tidy

robertajobb

Screenshot_20240504_230731_Gallery

mtbnovice

Having had bikes stolen recently this warms my heart. Police were also excellent in my case, though as far as I know weren’t armed!

noeffsgiven
    Free Member

Stolen van is probably the reason for a decent response cos it’ll no doubt be linked to other serious crimes if the armed unit got involved. Super lucky.

kerley
    Free Member

Agree, if you are driving around in a stolen van you are generally going to be up to no good, why else would you steal a van.

The police don’t really have much of a chance with most bike theft if nobody sees it.  I had a garage break in and bike stolen but no CCTV, nobody saw anyone etc,. so can’t expect them to follow it up.

Daffy

Big thumbs up for the AirTag!

wordnumb
    Free Member

Excellent, well done.

poly
    Free Member

Apparently armed police and drones were also involved!

could be you were nugget of information that let them act on something bigger that’s been bubbling, or could be that the only rapid response / pursuit trained staff who were available!

Gary_C

I wonder if it’s the same one that Wilts Police posted on their X page 3 days ago?

https://twitter.com/WiltsSpecOps/status/1786198766640304623

phil5556

Great result 👍
    I really must get an AirTag back on the eebs.

Just not quite sure where to fit it.

politecameraaction
    Free Member

Good spot @gary_c

3 stolen bikes with a value close to £20,000

😲

BruceWee

The worst part, after the police put a picture of your bike on Twitter, is having to explain to family and friends why you spent £6K on a bike but don’t clean it…*

*My bike looks much the same.

ajantom

@Gary_C  Yep, that looks like them.

I guess 3 x nice ebikes does come to a hefty total!

I quite enjoy riding with him and his mates, as I’ll often rock up on a manky 10 year old Surly SS 😆

ajantom

Fyi – airtag was in the frame, as it’s carbon, so doesn’t block the signal.

wheelsonfire1

<hr />

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.