Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Some Glenlivet news
  • rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Good news. I’ve only ridden there once but it was good fun, expansion of the trails would be welcome. Cafe was good but I can understand it might not get significant footfall..

scotroutes

The cafe at Nethy Bridge is one of the very best. This is great news.

nobbingsford

Excellent news. We were there on the last day the cafe was open – it was pretty glum! Great to see it opening again.

Clink

What’s the name of the cafe in Nethy Bridge – up there in Feb?

euain

Great news.. kids were much faster round the course when there was the prospect of hot chocolate and cake at the end of it.

felltop

That’s great news!

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

Great to hear – it’s a lovely wee trail to ride when you’re in the area.

scotroutes

What’s the name of the cafe in Nethy Bridge – up there in Feb?

Nethy House. Easy to find, on the corner beside the bridge.

FOG

Never done Glenlivet but never pass the Nethy cafe so a good incentive to get to the trails

matt_outandabout
    benv
    Free Member

Only been once. The cafe was great but unfortunately empty apart from me on a late spring weekend.

dahedd
    Free Member

Great news about the café. The old one was great and it closing will have put folk of riding there. If we get a new café & new trails then it’ll be fantastic. Had the kids there in the summer hols and the final section of the blue trails just not the same without the smell of bacon rolls to guide you home.

Trekster

Have noticed over the years that “bike van man” tends to avoid trailhead cafes as do many others riding £xxxxxx bikes who think that a coffee & cake are a rip off and cafes are raking it in. The same people are unlikely to support an lbs.
    Sad, but true imo…..
    Been around long enough to witness it all….
    Was at Glenlivet when it opened and the cafe was good then.
    Let’s hope that rent, rates, weather and harvesting closures don’t cause the new propieters any grief.

scotroutes

Have noticed over the years that “bike van man” tends to avoid trailhead cafes as do many others riding £xxxxxx bikes who think that a coffee & cake are a rip off and cafes are raking it in. The same people are unlikely to support an lbs.
    Sad, but true imo….

Can’t say I’ve really noticed. There are, inevitably, a lot of “bike vans” away from trail centres. One of the advantages of a van is being able to cater for yourself and therefore not be restricted to wherever there are trail centres/cafes. Any time I’m at Laggan it seems to be around 25% vans of some description.

Clink
    NZCol

Good news, will make a visit in the camper as my daughter loved the blue and the pump track.

kcal

was expecting news of another ‘expression’ 🙂

kelvin

Nethy House

Hang on… is that were the butcher (and seller of other delicious delights) is/was?
    Or is that ‘round the corner?

scotroutes

The butcher is next door.

kelvin

Phew!

daviek

That’s great news! I hope they still get the cakes made by the local lady, they were magic! The red takes in so much area there should be plenty of room for other trails there.

I’m really looking forward to this

philjunior
    Free Member

Sad, but true imo…..

I wasn’t aware there was an obligation to use the trail centre facilities, and am very surprised to learn there’s clearly a perceived wealth level at which one must visit support the cafe and buy exclusively from the LBS regardless of the cost or convenience of doing so.

Please can we urgently clarify how expensive our bikes and bike vans can look before we no longer have the freedom of choice (for the record I usually use the cafes and sometimes use an lbs but often online is far more convenient, particularly for specific parts the LBS doesn’t have a hope of stocking, and my car currently looks a mess, bike was £1k second hand 2 yrs ago so I sincerely hope my behaviour is on the acceptable side of the divide here).

Edit – hope to sample the new cafe soon of course!

Blackflag
    Free Member

Sad, but true imo…..

I too am utterly aware of the requirement to spend as much as i can afford in local businesses when out and about. I went walking in wales the other week and took a packed lunch. What a **** i must be.

Part of being a business / capitalist is knowing your market and planning accordingly. There is no implied right that others are morally obliged to use your services.

daviek

Was at Glenlivet today and the lesson I learned was to check the weather before I leave, lovely morning at home, bloody awful at the top of the red. Anyway parked up round the back of the cafe beside a load of works Van’s and it looks like theres a new trail being put in from the top of the blue back to the cafe. Hopefully theres more to come as theres loads of space

fazzini

Well this news just cheered me right up.

nobbingsford

Me too. Hopefully there’ll be something new to try when we’re back up there in October!

sniff
    Free Member

Cafe and new Orange opening in March

Glenlivet Insta

daviek

Ill be pretending thats a big pump track, either that or i need to learn to jump

daviek

looks like Glenlivet will be opening on the 3rd along with take away from the cafe and the new jump line being opened.
    finish nightshift on the 9th so hopefully have a wee trip there that weekend

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Some Glenlivet news’ is closed to new replies.