Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 448 total)
  • So they said they would…. (new classifieds)
  • russyh
    Free Member

And they did…can’t see any other threads, mainly because I can’t search via the broken forum!  But classifieds forum closed, user and customer (that’s right people with P’s are customers) completely ignored with no courtesy of reply!  Just absolute arrogance and bloodied nose ignorance!

I musy say I am disappointed to the point I am asking for a refund of my subscription.  Which was just renewed.  (Like that will happen)

Gutted,

onandon
    Free Member

stevie750

I can still see it

scotroutes

On the bright side, we now know that they really meant 12 noon and not 12 midnight.

simondbarnes

What’s wrong with the new classifieds? Seems daft having 2.

ton

so where will we sell stuff now

RustySpanner

How much do you want for the pigeon?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

As much as anyone is reading this

But in before the

stevie750
    • The forum ‘Classifieds – For Sale’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Ahhh this bit

russyh
    Free Member

Old classifieds still there but it’s been locked so you cannot post or reply

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

dumbbot
    Free Member

They want your money, not your opinions.

Start a forum elsewhere, leave the magazine to die on it’s inevitable arse,

Northwind

What is so bad about the new one? I don’t like it because it’s change and I’m over 40, but I had a look and it seems obviously better than the old way.

(is there a correlation between people who want to rant about the new classifieds, who also rant about the general forum?)

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well the irritation in some respects is the rest of the forum still doesn’t work properly and is obviously not on any kind of list to be fixed

russyh
    Free Member

It’s like posted before in the ‘we are closing’ thread, for me the limited number of ads you can place.  The fact you need to search rather than browse, the fact I have yet to be able to see anyone that’s managed to post a clear out style ad successfully yet.  But most of all the fact that regardless of the user feedback there wasn’t even a reply, just shows absolutely no regard for members or customers.  I was initially supportive of the change but it needed some work and that was promised before closing the old classifieds which never happened.

geex
    Free Member

The forum bugs are pretty laughable with all the <font> DIV pish that ends up making replys unreadabru

The new classifieds is truely awful. I can’t think of one good thing to say about it. (but can’t really be bothered to list all the bad thngs)

It’s not worth ranting about I just don’t understand how anyone in charge can think either were an improvement.

charlielightamatch
    Free Member

Just been in there, aren’t they the same things that were on there weeks ago?

Looking at the pictures is hard work on my iPhone, keeps jumping out of them back to the main list.

Bit messy really.

squirrelking
    Free Member

<p>(is there a correlation between people who want to rant about the new classifieds, who also rant about the general forum?)</p>

<p>Inverse maybe, I like the new section as I can actually find things by category rather than aimlessly meandering through pages of ambiguous titles.</p>

squirrelking
    Free Member

<p>The fact you need to search rather than browse,</p>

<p>No you don’t, you can still scroll down the page like before!</p>

chakaping
    Free Member

There’s a weird tension between the users and owners here that I haven’t seen anywhere else.

And I don’t think it’s the sexual kind of tension.

Bit of a bunker mentality, maybe?

scotroutes

Never had sex in a bunker?

bigblackshed

You don’t need to search, just scroll down to browse. Paid for ads are first, free ads are below.

At at least now there are photos, none of this “email me for photos” bollocks. Just one niggle for me though, why have a limit of three ads, even for P subscribers?

russyh
    Free Member

But you can’t can you, as it’s the same crappy over priced cars and bikes.  Filled with pictures.  It’s far inferior for ‘jumble’ style multi classified listings.

geex
    Free Member

making a blog about WWII spoons while holding hands isn’t sex

fatbikers 🙄

scotroutes

I was thinking more of the golf kind 😉

(also – fatbikers)

geex
    Free Member

a simple link to a free image hosting site next to or within the start thread image tab and pics could have been added to posts on the old classifieds easily in exactly the same way they are here.

geex
    Free Member

The contours at the edge of loads of golf bunkers make awesome jumps.
    Going home with sand in your pants and a smelly finger is awesome when your 15.
    30-40years later not so much. Especially with a bunch of fatbikers.

al2000

Listing images are far too big on mobile – formatting the listings like the ‘recent boosted ads’ section would be an improvement.

robowns
    Free Member

Geex you’ve commented on this thread multiple times and not mentioned ebikes once. What’s happened mate?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Does <span style=”text-decoration: underline;”>on</span> a bunker count? Juno Beach, Normandy.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Oh and to add the new “Review Catagories” now sit under any post on mobile from what I see so it’s even harder to easily get to the end of the thread on mobiles. Again not expecting any of this to be fixed, the logo probably needs tweaking first

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

FFS, shitty text format strikes again.

chakaping
    Free Member

Now I feel like life has somehow passed me by. Does a bird hide count?

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Will there be a wanted forum? That was the more useful forum for me, someone out there always had an obscure or obsolete part if I needed one.

legend
    Free Member

If there’s no Wanted forum then the Bike forum (or chat depending on what you’re after) would be the place to post

bigblackshed

But you can’t can you, as it’s the same crappy over priced cars and bikes. Filled with pictures. It’s far inferior for ‘jumble’ style multi classified listings.

Half of the first page is taken up with paid for ads. There is currently 2.5 pages of normal ads, not paid for. Don’t complain about the content of the ads, that’s what is for sale at the moment. There’s been a large number of new ads in the last 10 hours.

You can list a clearout the same as you used to, it just now has a “clearout” category. Put multiple things in one ad with lots of photos.

Whats so **** difficult?

Will there be a wanted forum?

Create a wanted ad, “wanted” in the categories.

funkmasterp

Am I the only one that finds this forum relatively simple to use? I do most of my browsing and posting from an iPhone and no longer get any quote or linking issues.

The new classifieds seems okay apart from that bloody yellow Santa Cruz and the Mojo. Nobody is buying them, lower your prices!

scotroutes

How long does a “boost” last? If it was capped at 7 days before having to be renewed then maybe folk would think again about how much they are looking to sell for (especially if the cost rose each week).

russyh
    Free Member

Why not complain bigblackshed? Hell if the STW leadership had listened and followed through with their promises there would be no need to complain! Fact is they have created a poorer version of pinkbike classifieds.  The beauty of STW classifieds was it’s simplicity and it’s uniqueness. That’s gone now!  As someone who sees their subscription as a way of funding a website I enjoy I have a right to complain.  As were the posters on the 7 pages of the previous thread.

scotroutes

Could we have a Forum Sub-forum please?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 448 total)

The topic ‘So they said they would…. (new classifieds)’ is closed to new replies.