Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Smart/wireless TRV system – Worcester Bosch?
  • nickewen
    Free Member

Hi, apologies if this has been done recently. We’re part way through some construction work at home and have just bought two new rads that need TRVs.

In terms of use case, I work from home a lot (well I did before the builders started 6 weeks ago..) and am often in on my own through the day when wife/daughter are out. I want to be able to warm my home office up independently without having to walk around the house and turn off 12 other rads..

I’m considering plumping for wireless TRVs on all the rads and a smart control system. Given the boiler is Worcester Bosch I just immediately looked at their offering so everything would talk to each other but I understand there are a number of other brands that should work too?

Does anyone have a setup like this at home? One rad (downstairs hallway) doesn’t have a TRV (bypass rad?) and I assume I would not buy one for this? Also assume I wouldn’t get one for towel rail in bathroom?

Looking for recommendations and advice before I shell out the thick end of a grand on fancy radiator valves..

Thanks

timmys

I love my Tado system, other people love their systems. I’d start with these threads;

Tado smart heating users

Smart Heating

nickewen
    Free Member

Thank you @timmys will dive into those now. Cheers

Murray

Wiser works for me. I went for it as it fits on the standard UK controller backplate and I was DIY’ing.

I’ve bought the valves as they’ve come up on offer.

As you say, you need one bypass radiator or equivalent. My towel rail is electric so it works in summer!

midlifecrashes

I’m sure this can be made to work, but I’d be looking at the payback period compared to an oil filled electric rad or fan heater and a smart plug.

sl2000

Wiser for me too. Was easy to DIY fit replacing an older ‘traditional’ wireless thermostat.

you need one bypass radiator or equivalent

Don’t think so. The radiators turn the boiler on and off as needed here.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Smart/wireless TRV system – Worcester Bosch?’ is closed to new replies.