• This topic has 16 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Sky Documentaries channel
  • DezB
    Free Member

Nice that Sky’s new channel isn’t one catering for the lowest common denominator, there’s some really good stuff on this new channel.
    Last night watched the Muhammad Ali v Dick Cavett Interviews, which produced a tear or two by the end.
    Tonight at 10 is the Amazing Johnathan documentary. If you remember this brilliant comedy magician from early 90s (Saturday night live, Just for Laughs) yoof telly (Ah woe, all we get now is Michael Macintyre!) This should interest you. A bit surreal by all accounts. 😊

DezB
    Free Member

Bumping my own empty thread as a PSA that there’s a 4 part docu about the Wu-Tang Clan starting tonight at 9.

echoechoechoecho

flange
    Free Member

I watched one on Stevie Wonder the other night which was awesome. I concur, pretty good content when I’m not watching crab fishing on Discovery!

DezB
    Free Member

Just bumping to say check out the Danny Trejo story, Inmate #1.
    Absolutely superb.

DezB
    Free Member

“Class Action Park”. Watch it! Incredible 😳

Pook

Yep it’s ace. The Belushi,  Steve McQueen and Robin Williams ones recently were great and I’m very much looking forward to the Bruno Tyson one on a couple of weeks

tenfoot

Just watched an interesting interview with Victoria Pendleton, on a programme called Driving Force.

Last month I watched something about Kurt Cobain.

Great stuff.

Kryton57

The Britney Spears documentary is on tonight I think, supposed so pretty damning of some well known people, not least her Dad.

Just watched an interesting interview with Victoria Pendleton, on a programme called Driving Force.

It’s a whole series, Kelly Holmes episode is particularly good, unbelievable what she went through.

DezB
    Free Member

“Exterminate All the Brutes” starts tonight at 9.

Saw the preview showing.
    Wow.

binners

Sky documentaries is great, as is Sky Arts. In fact Sky Arts is a better version of BBC4.

On Sky Docs, if you’ve not watched it then The Cold Blue Is still on there. Amazing colour footage of the 1000 bomber B-17 raids over Germany.

servo
    Free Member

“Class Action Park”. Watch it! Incredible

Watched it last night. Utterly Bonkers! On tomorrow again (Friday 23:00)

13thfloormonk

Huh, whenever I look at the listings all I see is Extreme Scripted Goldmining Hillbillies or some such nonsense (which is tragic as I think a proper documentary series into the various gold rushes would be excellent watching).

That or Nazi documentaries.

DezB
    Free Member

That’s not the Sky Documentaries channel.

More like what they show on Quest or Discovery Science

gastromonkey
    Free Member

The Donut King on Sky Documentaries was good. An amazing story and legacy of an immigrant in the USA. It was on a few weeks ago but is probably still being repeated late at night or on demand.

WARNING: you will want a donut (or 5) after watching it.

zilog6128

Huh, whenever I look at the listings all I see is Extreme Scripted Goldmining Hillbillies or some such nonsense

yeah as above, not the right channel! (Discovery used to be brilliant many years ago but it’s just shit (fake) reality TV now!)

The new Tina Turner doc is brilliant, had no idea what she’d been through really, and then to survive all that & reinvent herself to become a global megastar in her 40s is just incredible!

13thfloormonk

Yep, sorry, am obviously tarring all documentary channels with the same brush… 😳

DezB
    Free Member

In case my bump was missed – the series to watch is “Exterminate All the Brutes”

(Just remembered ep 1 specifically mentions how it was our fault (cyclists) that the king of Belgium took ownership of the Congo a few 100 years ago!)

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Sky Documentaries channel’ is closed to new replies.