Home Forums Bike Forum Singular Swift

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Singular Swift
  • Mark7
    Free Member

Tried the first of my candidates for a new machine today. If I'm honest, I saw this as a bit of an outlier before I tried it, coming as I do from 26" wheels and full suspension. After a hour on the bike I have to say it had confounded my expectations. My first go on a 29'er and it was good for all the reasons others give. The ride felt lush thanks to the steel frame as well as the 29'er factors. To my surprise I really liked the single speed setup I tried too. Weight was good. All in all a massive thumbs up. Thanks to Sam at Singular who was a pleasure to deal with. The cat's amongst the pigeons now!

epicyclo

You could save a lot of time by making your decision now :)

momentum
    Free Member

I've got a swift and can heartily recommend it, although I haven't got much experience on other "modern" bikes. I've got mine set up with Minute 29s with 100mm of travel and SS at the back and it's a proper laugh!

guitarmanjon
    Free Member

I know that one day I'll own a Swift. Not sure when and I've never tried one, I just know it.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I have a similar suspicion jon. :-)

Big-Dave
    Free Member

I built one up over the winter and I can honestly say its the most fun of all my bikes to ride. I know that a lot of people can't see the point of single speed bikes but I think its a great way to ride. Its also a hell of a lot easier to maintain after a day in the mud.

I might stick some suspension on it at some point but I like the clean look of the standard steel fork so I'm undecided.

firestarter
    Free Member

i had mine rigid ss with drops lovely bike to ride. But alas sold it to fund my turner. I will tho own a peregrine at some point instead of my surly cross check :-) and sam is a top bloke still even after i sold my swift lol :-)

Swiftacular
    Free Member

I sold mine, and although i had good reasons, i still regret it.
    I will own another.
    One of the best looking bikes ive seen also.

jfeb
    Free Member

I'm another "will have one at some point" person. I tested one about a year ago and went for a Scandal on Cyclescheme at the time because it was a good bit cheaper (courtesy of Cyclescheme) but I thought the Swift was great and I am still kicking myself a bit for not getting one when they were cheap – on sale at £280 :(

Sam will be hoping we all convert in to customers sooner rather than later though I suspect.

rOcKeTdOg

i'm waiting for mine to arrive, Sam and his flippin holidays!

Sam

Sorry r-dog, I've had so many going out I've run out of eccentrics… more due to arrive tomorrow.

Glad you enjoyed the ride Mark – always happy to change some pre-conceptions.

chewkw
    Free Member

Now all you got to do is pimp it up a bit with Ti seatpost and Brooks saddle.

AdamM
    Free Member

guitarmanjon:
    I know that one day I'll own a Swift. Not sure when and I've never tried one, I just know it.

BigDummy
    I have a similar suspicion jon.

Clearly you are both men of style and sophistication with exquisite taste. :D

guitarmanjon
    Free Member

Clearly you are both men of style and sophistication with exquisite taste.

I've always thought so ;-)
    Seriously though, as soon as I get the first pay check from my new job (that has some "leeway") I'll be ordering one. Or maybe I'll get myself one as a present for finishing the PhD (I suspect the former option will happen sooner though).

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Singular Swift’ is closed to new replies.