Viewing 40 posts - 1,361 through 1,400 (of 2,459 total)
  • Sick of the incessant snow updates
  • cinnamon_girl

10.5 degrees showing on the car, had to switch on the aircon.

bearnecessities

Well that was an odd day.

AM

PM

bikebouy
    Free Member

So all that blew over from the east did a 180 and blew back again ..

bearnecessities

In the interest of keeping pictures going, tonight..

..and right now..

shermer75
    Free Member

There’s a bit of snow on the ground here in London, doesn’t look like it’s gonna last tho!!

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

A day of constant light snowfall in West London. Garden currently looking like the top of a Victoria sponge cake.

greentricky
    Free Member

Yep, snow finally settling in Derby after a day of half hearted flurries, drive back to the south coast tomorrow now looking more spicey

CountZero

Same here, the occasional flake, then it started to fall around tea time, and it’s properly settling here in North Wilts. Main roads are salted and ok, but side roads and lanes are patchy, but fine if you take it steady. Driving is fun though, with the snow coming at you like the 2001 Stargate sequence! 😮

bikebouy
    Free Member

After a bitterly cold North Easterly yeasterday morning a few flakes started mid day then dissipated, and we wake this morning to a white over of about 3”..

I expect Waitrose to run out of both milk and bread within 12s, once the first car has flattened the snow on the road..

🌨💁‍♂️

doordonot
    Free Member

So glad I bought bread from Waitrose last night, before the snow had settled here in central Wilts.

ebygomm
    Free Member

More snow here now than a couple of weeks ago

scotroutes

We have snow in Aviemore – hardly newsworthy 🙂

⛷🏂⛸🎿🚴‍♂️🚴‍♀️🌪❄

theotherjonv

about twice as much as we got from the Beast proper – supposed to be out for lunch, is that  ‘essential’ travel as the police recommend only essential travel.

pictonroad

South Coast. All the cars are properly snowy but the ground isn’t. Kids foiled from sledging again!

Drac

We’ve had a bit more through the night just a light covering of maybe 1 inch at the most.

Scapegoat

Drifting up here at Scapegoat Hill, has been since yesterday afternoon with a bitterly cold Easterly.  Haven’t measured the depth, but it comes three quarters of the way up a Labrador outside the kitchen door.

jeffl

Fair bit in Chesterfield, good couple of inches on the ground. Time for a quick cuppa then out on the bike. Ocado delivery is still apparently on track so we won’t starve to death.

RoterStern
    Free Member

Snowed the whole day in this part of Germany and with the high east wind there was a lot of drifting. Went for a ride on the SS and had to do a lot of pushing through said drifts which were up to my knees! Today we have clear blue skies but it’s about 10 below ❄️😯

monkeyboyjc

We’ve got drifts again, although not as bad as rwo weeks ago.

<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”> I run the village shop/Postoffice and Sunday is the worst day to snow on for my business as the Sunday papers aren’t delivered.  Being rural, everyone with a 4×4 drives to my 2 main competitor’s (both garages on main roads that get gritted, we don’t) and I loose around £200 worth of trade. If it were a weekday or Saturday we actually do better when it snows as no-one goes to sainsbury or tesco.</span>

On the plus side we are only open for 2hrs and I get to spend the rest of the day on the Fat Bike or sledging with the daughter.

Houns

5” here in Stourbridge

Bunnyhop

There’s an average of 15cm, drifting up to 50cm in the back garden. Still snowing and blowing.

Watched a rat trying to jump the drifts to get to any dropped seed from the bird feeder. The animal seemed to be under the snow more than above.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m beginning to think that I can call this a “Winter” now.

(and it’s a bit boring TBH)

beej

13cm in Newbury, measured on my garden table.

johnw1984
    Free Member

Like bloody Game of Thrones Winters these!

Hope we have a 10 year summer next 🙂

Alex

Snowed overnight. Not getting out onto main road as lane is pretty grim. Snow and Ice. Main road doesn’t look much better. Think it’s time to get the chubby out and ride to Ross for a play on the local trails. Lost too many rides already to the snow.

Dogs like it tho.

CountZero

Probably around 10cm around here in North Wilts, a lot deeper where it’s drifted, looks really pretty, but it’s making getting around a bit tricky.

Bunnyhop

Our garden this morning.

Overnight drifts by Notoriously Bad Typist, on Flickr

andy8442
    Free Member

Set off at 6.30am from north west Leeds to Derby this morning. Got to Jn27 of the M1 before I turned around as the job was cancelled (yeah!) but I’ve got to say the M1 was as bad has I’ve seen it in 7-8 years. Down to one lane at times, yet the amount of appalling driving still shocks me, from the loons going too fast, to the 30mph fools crawling along in the middle of the M1.

I love snow, but even I have had enough for this year.

milky1980
    Free Member

Had about an inch overnight in Cardiff and it’s still snowing gently but the roads are clear.

Very unusual to have snow here at all, we’ve now had two lots in two weeks!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Our melt is truely in force..

All roads clear, the Downs are only covered where the winds blown through the hedgerows and all the cars are clear and dripping…

Waitrose has bread and milk, there are about half a dozen folks in there at present so best go fill your cupboards with perishables to last overnight eh..

Dans Le Solent.

CountZero

Drifting up here at Scapegoat Hill, has been since yesterday afternoon with a bitterly cold Easterly. Haven’t measured the depth, but it comes three quarters of the way up a Labrador outside the kitchen door.

🤣

Begs the question, how old is the Lab?

Went up to Morrisons this morning to do the fortnightly shop, and there were far fewer cars in the car park than usual, which made the shop easier. I reckon a lot of the outlying villages were a bit iffy getting out of, because the minor roads don’t get gritted.

RustySpanner

Perfect.

Deep enough to be fun but no problems on the roads apart from the odd drift up near Crown Point.

Singing Ringing Tree singing and indeed, ringing.

Northwind

Lovely in the pentlands today, morning snow put me off driving anywhere but it was lovely and crisp and drifty in the hills.

I am having doubts about the minion 4.8 in the snow, though. The sort of doubts that arise after 2 crashes in 2 minutes 🙂

z1ppy

It’s fricken snowing & sticking here nr. Sidmouth (East devon), not happy, we’re supposed to be driving home tomorrow!

matt_outandabout

Amazing what a month does…

scotroutes

Nice – I’m hoping to get up the Feith Buidhe in a couple of weeks as the tunnel(s) there are still forming.

wwaswas

It’s ok people, there’s no need to worry.

matt_outandabout

Win…

matt_outandabout

This morning was a reminder that we are just around the corner from winter. It was near freezing at ours and riding the Glen Road, beautiful autumnal display starting.

oldtennisshoes

Lovely morning in Dundee once the ha had burned off – definitely autumnal in the morning and evening though.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,361 through 1,400 (of 2,459 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.