Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Show me your Tourneos!
  • ready

Looking at changing my ’03 Caravelle for a ’15 Tourneo, and I’d be interested in seeing what you good people have done with your vans!

Tracey

Go on then

Daughters bikemobile

Last years Black Friday deal

Still Ford Transit based

the-muffin-man

ready

Tracey – that black one is very similar to the one I’m actually looking at, very nice indeed!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I was looking forward to pictures of beefy goodness. I is disappoint.

garage-dweller

We NEARLY bought a brand new Grand Tourneo Connect a few weeks back.

Two things put me off.

1) the dealer who couldn’t be arsed to email me back to explain why I’d got two finance quotes £60/month different from them for the same stock vehicle in the space of a week

2) the towing restrictions – 750kg with a 75kg nose weight. I wanted enough nose weight for a 4 bike bike rack and 75kg doesn’t cut it especially not if we had a boot of heavy camping gear as well.

I drove an 18 plate as they didn’t have a demo. Very easy to drive and it didn’t need to be quicker for what it is. Ergonomics were good (although I’ll take my VWs touch screen over the 1000 button option that afflicts some Fords).

I’d have chased up 1 if it wasn’t for 2. I’d happily have had it as a daily driver.

sheeps

I would… but it got nicked. Be aware that the standard locks are very poor, and an 11 quid tumbler type key will get you in easily, silently in the middle of the night.

Still gutted 3 months later
    64 plate (BN64ZSU if anyone gets offered it!)

sharkbait
    Free Member

I wanted enough nose weight for a 4 bike bike rack and 75kg doesn’t cut it especially not if we had a boot of heavy camping gear as well.

You do know that nose weight has nothing to do with what’s it the boot?
    Not a lot you can do about the bike rack weight although I’d have though 75kg would cover 4 bikes.

DickBarton

4 bike rack is about 20kg, that leaves 55kg for 4 bikes, so up to about 13.5kg per bike. I think a lot of trail bikes are about that so it’ll be tight.

PePPeR

As mentioned above Ford’s towing weights are very very low, my Transit Custom can only tow a ton.

jonm81

That can’t be right Pepper. The max tow weight for my auto tourneo custom is 2250kg.

ElShalimo

I learnt the hard way…. Replace the standard lock with a hykee door lock.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Towing weights can seem very odd sometimes…. My car has a nose weight of 125kg and can pull 3300kg which makes it a bit of a beast.
    I’d still say the bike rack might still be OK.
    Just because a rack and bikes weighs 80kg doesn’t actually mean that’s going to equal an 80kg nose weight.
    Needs to be measured to be sure.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Show me your Tourneos!’ is closed to new replies.