• This topic has 47 replies, 29 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by benp1.
Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Show me your tool walls
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

it looks more than it is due to the way its assembled.

its really only 3 full size roll cabs minus 1 top box.

Ive got 2 full roll cabs by the bench and 2 base units built into my work bench

they are all full – by full i mean in an organised can find stuff manner rather than a just chucked in a pile manner

jeffl

This was in the shed at the start of the year. It’s now a shit tip as I’m doing up the house and lots of odds and sods have been thrown in there.

hooli

Dez – Good to see I am not the only one who has a series of GT85 lids for stans.

DezB
    Free Member

ha! And a few more scattered around the floor 🙂

Mowgli
    Free Member

I used to have everything stuck on the wall, but re-did it recently so only the tools I use reasonably regularly are out, the rest in drawers and tool boxes.

intheborders
    Free Member

My workshop is 5 x 12, and if I used ‘tool walls’ I’d need every square inch of the walls to hang everything – bike tools, car/motorbike tools, metal working tools, wood working tools etc etc.

My stuff all sits in either cabinets or drawers – but each cabinet/drawer is type-specific. Keeps them away from dust and all the other crap plus you don’t end up with obsolete tools (cone spanners…) clogging up the space.

Oh, and that’s not 5 x 12 feet, but meters 🙂

blokeuptheroad

I’m lucky to have a large space, which is fairly sparsely filled, and not yet “optimised”. I keep moving stuff around to find the best layout. It’s a 3 bay timber building with one bay separated by an internal wall.

My “general purpose” tool board. It’s a DIY french cleat set up so I can move stuff around.

A couple of other random ones

And some shots of the general chaos.

benp1

Saw a link to this thread from another. Cracking pics. Real inspiration!

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Show me your tool walls’ is closed to new replies.