Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Sausage Roll Cake
  • beej

May be of some interest to certain forum members.

Personally, I think this is brilliant. Looks to have been baked in layers and assembled, I guess to keep the pastry crispy.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/sep/08/flake-news-what-is-a-sausage-roll-cake-and-why-does-it-exist

binners

That looks absolutely bloody brilliant!

As someone who can’t stand cakes (or sweet things of any description) I’d be ecstatic if I got that 😃

maccruiskeen

As someone who can’t stand cakes (or sweet things of any description) I’d be ecstatic if I got that

You’re in danger of being sabotaged by me nieces culinary invention – not to be outdone by her brother’s ‘Burger Cake’ invention (a chocolate sponge burger sandwiched in a Victoria sponge bun with marzipan cheese and jam ketchup) – she devised the ‘Cake Pie’

it involves going over to Asda, buying a choolcate cake and some puff pastry  and making a pie with the cake baking inside.

matt_outandabout

^ how did I know comrade crayon wielder would comment first. 😉

Houns

binners
    That looks absolutely bloody brilliant!

As someone who can’t stand cakes (or sweet things of any description) I’d be ecstatic if I got that 😃

[James Acaster fury]
    WHAT?!!! You’re dead to me! I can’t believe it!!
    [/James Acaster fury]

midlifecrashes

Looks like stacked traybakes. Our local piemonger does better. The Christmas sausage wreaths are superb.

https://www.toppingspies.co.uk/product-category/buy-online/christmas-collection/

MoreCashThanDash

I thought it looked like cold lasagne. Which is not a bad thing, I should add.

thols2

Slow news week? Christ, a “How to” article on eating sausage rolls, including suitable wine pairings. Turns out I’ve been doing it right all along without any formal training.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2017/jun/29/how-to-eat-sausage-rolls

mogrim

The Grauniad does quite a few “How to” articles, they’re not entirely serious…

footflaps

On the subject of random food combos you don’t expect, I tried a Terry Chocolate Orange Donut at a cafe the other day!

thols2

The Grauniad does quite a few “How to” articles, they’re not entirely serious…

The best ever was when Slate did a “How to suck air out of plastic bags” article titled something like, “The One Cool Trick That Will Change Your Life.” Apparently, food gets freezer burn if you don’t get the air out of the ziplock bag and many people struggle with the challenge of getting the air out. Christ, the comments section on that was utterly brutal, the editor eventually ran another article explaining that it was just a clickbait article intended to trick people into clicking. The comments section in that was even more brutal.

maccruiskeen

On the subject of random food combos you don’t expect, I tried a Terry Chocolate Orange Donut at a cafe the other day!

A piece of Terry’s Chocolate orange poked inside a croissant before you put it in the oven is really nice

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.