• This topic has 43 replies, 43 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by lowey.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Sad day today
  • Tracey

Today we walked for the last time with Fin on the trails we have chased each other on for the last ten years before the visit to the vets to say our last goodbyes and she went to sleep in my arms.

We new this was eventually going to come and decided on quality rather than quantity of life. I’m going to miss my buddy

20240322_154705

20240322_154944

The time was right for her but never going to be right for us.

Bazz

My sympathies, we had exactly the same with our last dog, you have i am sure made the right decision, it still feels unbearable though ☹️

jp-t853

Sorry for your loss. You are braver than me posting today.
    we lost our dog in October after a horrible few months with dementia kicking in, the time was right but it still feels hard all these months later. First night in the caravan without her tonight so another reminder.

take it easy

joebristol

That’s really sad – my sympathies with you. At least he could have that walk with you though.

Our dog is 8 and have noticed her slow down a little bit already and she apparently has a small heart murmur so I don’t know how old she will get to. Hope a good few years yet 🙏

Houns

She’s a beauty 😢

oldnpastit

Sorry to hear that, it’s never easy.

MoreCashThanDash

Sorry to hear this. She had some amazing adventures with you all, you will have many wonderful memories when the pain eventually eases.

towpathman

Sorry to hear that. I always enjoyed seeing your many photos containing Fin having a great time. Fin had a life well lived

Ambrose

I’m so sorry to see this. I always loved the pics of you with Fin.

Oh bloody hell, it’s really dusty here 😔

walowiz

Sorry to hear this, always loved the pics you’ve posted of you and Fin. Feel for you.

rogermoore

Thanks for sharing the amazing times you’ve had with Fin over the years, always made me smile.
    Hugs to all of your gang.

RM.

funkmasterp

So sorry to read this. I too have really liked some of the pictures you’ve posted over the years. My condolences to you and yours

18bikes

Sorry to see this, that’s tough.  Sounds like you’ve made the right decision, but that doesn’t make it any easier to deal with.  Big love and hugs from all of us at the shop x

Skippy

Sorry for your loss, you just have to remember all the good times you had together. I used to have a border collie so I loved seeing your the pictures of Fin.

Cougar

Ugh. Sorry for your loss. She’s a bonnie girl.

There is an adage in skydiving circles, “those who do can’t explain, those who don’t can’t understand.” I think that’s desperately true with pets, there are some who would have the attitude of “it’s only a dog/cat/gerbil/goldfish” but when you lose a companion of years if ****ing hurts regardless of how many legs it has. All I can say is, know that you gave her a good life whether it’s twenty years or a weekend.

I really should dust in here.

jamj1974

So sorry to hear you’ve lost a good friend.

sandboy

Really sad news.
    It’s definitely the hardest thing anyone can do, my heart goes out to you and your family, I feel your pain.
    Just try to remember all of the great memories and the amazing times you shared.
    Big hugs all round from me. X

GolfChick
    Free Member

As soon as I saw the thread title and that you’d posted it I knew what it would contain. Awful news but you can rest easy now knowing you made the right decision and all of her ten years worth of love and adoration that she gave you, in one moment you’ve returned all of that. Best wishes to you all at this very sad time.

phil5556

Really sorry to read this. She’s had a great life, I remember seeing lots of photos on here of her having a ball running with you on the bikes.

cchris2lou

Sorry for your loss . Dogs are a big part of families . Had to do the same last august .

chipster

Sad news indeed.
    Remember the good times.

dovebiker

Life sucks sometimes, but the years of joy a dog brings outweighs the days of heartbreak- remember the good times.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Fin is atleast part of the reason I have a dog curled up next to me.

The photos you have posted over the years show she clearly had the best times with you.

ashhh

Really sorry to hear. Such a shame.

zippykona

We’ve always found that nothing heals like a new dog.

iainc

So sad Tracey, the pictures you have posted of Fin and the family over the years have been an inspiration x

easily
    Free Member

Fin is looking at you with so much love in the first pic, and looks happy in the second – that’s not a bad way to end a life.

Thanks for sharing, I’m dreading the day I will inevitably have to make the same decision.

willard

Aw Tracey, so sorry to hear that. Fin’s always going to be there with you though, they never leave.

Davesport

My thoughts are with you. Don’t have any words that are meaningful. RIP beautiful Fin.

kayak23

So sorry to read this Tracey. Fin is such a beautiful dog and will of course leave a massive hole in your life.
    It is clear from your photos that she had an absolutely brilliant time with you guys and that’s the best you can ever do

It really is an incredibly difficult and sadly inevitable thing that we all go through. So painful.

We still toast our beautiful Barney every dinner.
    Thoughts are with you all xxx

mamadirt
    Free Member

Beautiful girl – RIP Fin 😔

RustyNissanPrairie

It’s the thing I considered most before we gave Bert his forever home that one day he’ll go on the biggest adventure of all but on his own without being by my side.

Sending virtual hugs, Fin has always looked so happy in your pics.

bfw

Poor you.  I can cope with my boys out of the house more so than our old lady BC.  I cant imagine how this is going to be in our household when the time comes.  We have an old lady mismatch BC, currently fitted with a pacemaker and going strong, if a bit flaky round the edges – now stone deaf, half blind and arthritis.

grimep
    Free Member

So hard to bear, sorry to hear this. Mine’s only 3 and I’m already dreading the day

Basil

Top tips

Cry a lot

Talk about it

Stop talking about it

Stop thinking about it

Dont look at photos

3 years in, will update in a couple of years

hot_fiat

What a beautiful dog and what a life she’s had. Sorry for your loss. Thinking of you.

philc1
    Free Member

So sorry to hear, a horrible decision but you did the best thing and gave her a wonderful life.

jkomo

Sorry to hear this sad news Tracey.

toby1

So sad to read sat here in the sofa with my now 4 year old mutt. It seemed early on like she’d never make it this far, but here she is. I’ll be heartbroken when the time comes to say goodbye to her. I wanted a dog since I was a kid and at 42 finally got that wish, it’s been a bit of a rollercoaster and not one I’m sure I’ll ever repeat (long term sickness, swallowing 2 tennis balls, multiple surgeries, lots of steroids and add to that the behavioural problems you get with a rescue) but the love I have for her is ridiculous.

Fin looks like she loved life, as all dogs should.

jezzep

Hey,

Very sorry to hear. We did the same with Pebbles our Lakeland border collie cross. You did the right thing. Dogs try to appease their companions at the expense of themselves. Pebbles died in our arms too. We collected her ashes yesterday and will take her back to her favourite place middle beach perbecks…say good bye keep the happy memories. Perhaps up there fin and pebs, can play…

Again sorry for your loss.

JeZ

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.