Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 118 total)
  • Rubbish For Sale pictures
  • kayak23

Always amazes me the complete lack of effort some folks put into photographing stuff they’re trying to sell.

Facebook Marketplace is chokka with them, usually accompanied by a very lacklustre description, if there’s one at all.

I like that they’ve gone to the trouble of both a landscape and portrait version of the same bike on a heap with the bars backwards though 😅
    At least they’re in focus.

Bike seems alright. Orientation fail mind.

Seen any good ones?

b230ftw
    Free Member

I don’t mind bad pictures, poor descriptions etc, it just means more of a bargain for me, especially on ebay, as less people will be interested.

muddyground
    Free Member

Hi m8, is the bike still 4 sale?

andrewh
    Free Member

Expensive things like houses taken by an agent’s professional photographer.
    Just move the van!
    Or come back tomorrow if it’s not the homeowners van
    https://www.remax-tweeddale.net/properties-for-sale/property/11031789-chapel-street-innerleithen

squirrelking
    Free Member

That house is the first floor flat. I can see the logic even if it is still a crap photo. And **** coming back every day hoping someone hasnt parked there.

Larry_Lamb
    Free Member

Wots ur lowest price?

tuboflard

I’ve dubbed this house “burglary chic”.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/81008184

boriselbrus
    Free Member

When I sold my house the agents “professional” photographer came round walked into each room, aimed the camera at the window and took the photo. Every picture was a massively over exposed window surrounded by what looked like a dimly lit cave.

When I complained, they came round and did exactly the same thing again, so I ended up taking the photos and sending them to the agent.

They had the cheek to charge me twice for the photographer, eventually I got a refund and they paid me the photographer fee!

espressoal
    Free Member

I’ve dubbed this house “burglary chic”

That was quite funny, there is something refreshing about real estate not trying too hard.

jambourgie
    Free Member

It beggars belief this. I remember when I was looking to rent a flat. The amount of listings with just one tiny photo in the wrong orientation of a washing machine, toilet, communal area, or even some famous building or landmark in the city.

At the moment, I’m looking for a nice antique bed frame. I’ve set up alerts on eBay for when one is listed in my area. The bed needs to go in an alcove so If not mentioned I message the seller asking for the dimensions. You wouldn’t think that would be unreasonable would you? There’s one that I’d actually buy but the seller is keeping a tight lid on the actual dimensions of the bed frame and so it goes, unsold, relisted again, to pop up in my alerts, again. To which I ask again for the dimensions… All they’ll divulge, in an increasingly exasperated tone is that “IT’S SUPERKINGSIZE”. It’s actually quite funny. I’m hoping that one day he’ll send me an offer. To which I’ll counter offer £5. Because that’s what it’ll be worth as firewood if it doesn’t fit.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I keep an eye on used surfboards on ebay. The amount of people who can’t be bothered to clean dirty wax off before photographing the board. 30 minutes work would increase their selling potential.

nuke

My current local favourite on Rightmove:

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/111205514

I mean i suppose they can’t move the tree but as the primary photo it just seems like not the best option

politecameraaction
    Free Member

We are delighted to bring to the market this fabulous family home, centrally located in the increasingly sought-after town of Innerleithen, which is presented in excellent decorative order and is simply brimming with character, not least due to its quirky layout which is both appealing and interesting. The flexible accommodation is very well proportioned throughout and retains a number of attractive traditional features such as working window shutters, original wrought iron balustrade, working open fireplace, original cornice, floorboards and wall panelling, whilst the dècor and colour schemes utilised throughout, definitely lend a homely and welcome feel to the place

That’s two sentences!!!

Northwind

I went and saw a flat yesterday, all of the advert and listing pics seem designed to make the place seem tiny. The rooms are actually all pretty big, I was amazed. I’m not even convinced that it’s all a field-of-vision thing, it really seems like they’ve taken the pictures from the middle of the room rather than a corner or doorway. Professional agency too, not just some random. I almost didn’t bother viewing

There’s a subaru impreza on my local gumtree that the guy’s taken 2 photos, both covered in snow, perfect.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

And why do some people take a pic, then go to the gallery on their phone, then take a screenshot of the pic, then post that. WTF?

jca

Amateurs. THe best for sale pics can be found at https://twitter.com/badrealtyphotos?lang=en

thols2

batfink
    Free Member

We are delighted to bring to the market this fabulous family home, centrally located in the increasingly sought-after town of Innerleithen, which is presented in excellent decorative order and is simply brimming with character, not least due to its quirky layout which is both appealing and interesting. The flexible accommodation is very well proportioned throughout and retains a number of attractive traditional features such as working window shutters, original wrought iron balustrade, working open fireplace, original cornice, floorboards and wall panelling, whilst the dècor and colour schemes utilised throughout, definitely lend a homely and welcome feel to the place

Is there some some sort of course for estate agents which teaches them to write like that? Is there some sort of secret contest going-on to get as many (estate agent-specific) buzzwords in as possible? Do they speak like that in real life?

Honestly, I could feel my blood pressure increasing as I was reading that.

batfink
    Free Member

This… this can’t be real can it?

What I find most horrific is that it’s above the dining table.

kayak23

I’ve dubbed this house “burglary chic”.

😂

And why do some people take a pic, then go to the gallery on their phone, then take a screenshot of the pic, then post that. WTF?

Oh yeah, I saw that the other day actually. 🤔

kayak23

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

£700,000k for that house with the tree in the front garden 😳

I must be out of touch, but to buy that mediocre house you have to be on a salary of £200k per year?

This is what £700k gets you near where I live

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/111673430#/?channel=RES_BUY

anagallis_arvensis

Cripes, Dorking is expensive!!

slowol

If Dorking’s too pricey move to Lochmaddy then, 16.7 hectares for £125k and you won’t need extra for a front door lock. Could do with a lick of paint mind and I guess skips cost a lot to get delivered to N. Uist.

desperatebicycle

I’m not really sure what people will expect from this mirror
    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/581313536341109/

sl2000

I’m not really sure what people will expect from this mirror

There’s a twitter account for these too: https://twitter.com/SellingAMirror .

smiffy

I’m amazed how people selling decent-level photographic equipment sometimes use such bad pictures, surely knowing that their potential buyers might have an eye for such things?

desperatebicycle

Bit like the mirror ones, but with added laundry

maccruiskeen

I love a poor description

I was in the market for a big Sliding Bed Table Saw – one of the things that made searching for one difficult is lots of people have their own idea of what to call one ‘Dimension Saw’ ‘Panel Saw’ (not to be confused with a Panel Saw), ‘Sliding Bed Saw’ and so on.

My strategy was to try and find the most obscure title someone could give to one of these machines in the hope I could get an bit of a bargain.

One night, bored, and a bit drunk I’d spent ages dreaming up different search terms and stuck for ideas I just searched for ‘Saw’ to get a broad range of results see what ideas it might give for words to partner it with. I was set to ‘Auctions ending soonest’ and it was mid week and a while after a midnight.

Ending soon was a a lovely, pretty clean looking 3m SCM Minimax listed as ‘Saw’. I was the only bidder and snagged a £10k machine that was only a few years old for £600

In a more sober moment the following morning I had to figure out an economical way to get the massive beast of a machine home to Glasgow as in the heat of the moment I hadn’t noticed the seller was in Dorset.

FB-ATB
    CountZero

@thols2 – W.T.A.F? 😳 That is truly terrifying! I know it comes under bad estate agent photos, but no photographer could do anything with that place, other than several hours in photoshop to mask the worst of it.

bonzodog
    Free Member

Nothing to contribute apart from – ace thread!

stwhannah

I spent my holidays at my mum’s helping her clear rooms to make it presentable for photos. And then the estate agent has made a video, which shows all the hidden junk, toilet lids up, piles of boxes, random close ups of odd antiques/junk etc. Ah well. We tried. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pva2ZvG7cRo&feature=youtu.be

(It’s like some sort of ‘spot the oil lamps, how many can you find’ competition. Or same, for old tins).

kayak23

😂 ^

Inflatable canoe for sale.

Oh, there’s bound to be some nice photos of it blown up. You know, as a canoe..

Nah, just the one photo, a heap on the ground..

andy4d

When I read the thread title I assumed this was going to be a thread on people selling rubbish?!

peekay
    kayak23
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 118 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.