Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Roll up, roll up, all arm chair doctors / physios
  • StuF

One for the runners – ankle pain

A couple of weeks ago I did my first half marathon, for a couple of days afterwords my right ankle was painful (sort of on the top front of the joint). I just thought it was general aches and pain from running.

Last night I went for a quick (30 min) run – the first since the half and the ankle pain has returned, its not painful whilst running just the morning after.

Edit: never suffered with this before

Drac

Maybe go and see your Dr.

StuF

Thanks Drac, I thought I'd ask on here to see if it was anything obvious to save me going to see the Doc

oddjob
    Free Member

RICE
    -Rest
    -Ice
    -Compression
    -Elevation
    Give it a few days treatment and then ease yourself back into it.
    Are your shoes old and knackered?

soobalias
    Free Member

its time for 'that' visit to the vets.

StuF

No shouldn't be – shoes are some nice newish (2 months old) Brookes – all properly set up via gait analysis.

And not THAT visit to the docs – that's later in the year 😯

Smee
    Free Member

As an absolute punt i'd say the laces on your shoes were impinging on the synovial sheath that surrounds you extensor digitorum longus and peroneus tertius muscles, but it could be the one surrounding the extensor hallucis longus . 😉 But that doesn't really tell you anything – go see the doc after you've tried loosening your laces.

StuF

ooo – I might try the laces one as I've just put some elastic laces in (not for the half marathon but trying them out for a duathalon next month) – maybe they're too tight?

Smee
    Free Member

Perhaps. Let me know how you get on.

StuF

Goan, went running (9k) at the weekend having loosened the laces slightly and now no ankle pain (first time out since above) – either it's healed up having given it some rest or the looser laces worked
    Thanks anyway

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Roll up, roll up, all arm chair doctors / physios’ is closed to new replies.