Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Rogue Trooper
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Woop! Woop!

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Depends….

If it’s anything like Stallone’s Dredd version it’ll be shite.

If it’s like Karl Urban’s Dredd it could be really quite good..

Kryton57

Oh pleeeeeeeese be good….

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Klunk
    Free Member

art direction from stallones dredd with acting and script from Urbans

CountZero

This is Duncan Jones working on it, he’s not one for showboating. It’ll be more along the lines of Urban’s Dredd, I reckon.

nemesis
    Free Member

Fingers crossed. Always thought there would be a good film there.

vondally
    Free Member

Hopefully better than his last two movies Mute and Warcraft,….

drlex
    Free Member

In these situations, my default policy is “Cautious Optimism”.

https://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/03/01

Northwind

It’s probably not Friday so I’m out.

(but if you ever join the GIs, make sure you don’t have a name like Hatbloke or you’re bound to get shot. Equally, if you run a GI regiment, don’t hire anyone called Rogue, he’ll be a disciplinary nightmare)

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

So long as there’s a Hellstreak depolarising southern scum I’ll be happy……,

Andy

What Klunk said…..

stewartc
    Free Member

Cue a great script, decent team bought on board to produce and direct…then cut to hell by the backers.

As above, art direction from Stallones Dredd with acting and script from Urbans

Harry_the_Spider

What sort of Rogue?

Steroid pumped killing machine or conflicted and troubled killing machine?

wind-bag
    Free Member

I sincerely hope they get this right…been a long time coming, by far the best character in 2000AD.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Oh pleeeeeeeese be good….

Oh yes. This x a huge amount.

crazyjenkins01

Hopefully This will turn out  to be in the same league as Dredd 3D and the start of a few more 2000AD films!

kimbers

We live in hope

but WOW was shit, so Im a bit concerned

PrinceJohn

Hopefully this won’t continue his pattern of making worse films each time.

In other news how do we feel about this?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlI_Oich68m/?taken-by=neillblomkamp#

Given he’s on a similar career trajectory of making poorer films each time out.

CHB

This has so much potential! Will see it out of nostalgia/loyalty/curiosity. The other 2000AD that I am surprised never made it to a film is Buttonman. The concept of shadowy wealthy people playing sick games is more pertinent than ever.

Harry_the_Spider

Button Man would be excellent.

Daniel Craig should do it after Bond, like Patrick MaGoohan did with Danger Man / The Prisoner.

Northwind

I just want my Nikolai Dante netflix series

nickc

As long as no one ever NEVER makes a Halo Jones movie,  I’m good.

kayla1
    Free Member

P-Jay
    Free Member

@Princejohn

Robo Cop, erm 5?

I think it could be good, NB’s style lends itself to the bleakness of the first RC film.

IMHO he needs reigning in though, like a lot of young successful people of the 21st century, there’s so little self-doubt that they can go a little bit too far.

I thought District and Elysium were great, Chappie could have been good too, but he just HAD to cast those two terrible Saffa ‘Rappers’.

If he sets it in the US, and films it somewhere that doesn’t look suspiciously like downtown J’berg in the long shots and avoids casting some randomers with no acting history (or talent) then it could be good.

immaterial
    Free Member

Looking forward to seeing a properly blue Rogue, rather than his slightly pinker clone buddy, Rouge.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

by far the best character in 2000AD.

After Johnny Alpha and Wulf

jonjones262
    Free Member

The company I work for is part owned by the company that owns the rights to 2000ad. I really hope I get to work on this or future franchise

colournoise

What sort of Rogue?

Steroid pumped killing machine or conflicted and troubled killing machine?

The second one, or I’m out.

Would still rather see a Dredd sequel or a decent Strontium Dog adaptation. Even Slaine done right would be cool.

Doubt there’ll ever be enough momentum behind 2000AD on the big screen to see the esoteric O’Neill wonders of Nemesis and Metalzoic brought to life though…

crazyjenkins01

…..

Damn that would be AWESOME!

Russell96

There’s a 20min Strontium Dog fan film that’s okay

colournoise

Didn’t realise they finally finished that.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Really want the Dredd series, you could do the Block Wars and the Apocalypse War as a series arc once its bedded in.

And think of the “fun” you could have with the Dark Judges.  They make the Daleks look comical “off to bed now Johnny otherwise Judge Death will be paying you a visit”.

I am not a parent…..

FuzzyWuzzy

Crossing fingers for a properly dark version myself, I have my doubts though. Also I’m guessing they’ll pick the safer option of making it a standalone film but end up trying to cram too much in so the storyline ends up a mess (like with  WoW).

PrinceJohn

@P-Jay – Robo Cop, erm 5?

No apparently a direct sequel… (& I know this is a 2000AD thread, but Robocop was the best Judge Dredd film there was until Dredd 3D)

MSP

I hope it is an introspective look at a mans fall into ptsd and mental issues following watching the gruesome deaths of his brothers in arms, culminating in his complete breakdown where he imagines his lost buddies are haunting his equipment, and begins talking to them.

jeff

by far the best character in 2000AD.

Wasn’t that Nemesis the Warlock?*

*I haven’t read 2000AD since the 80s

willard

A Judge Dredd with the Dark Judges (done properly) would be amazing. Judge Death would be a properly horrific character on a big screen.

Not sure how the block wars would work. They tried it with the [Stallone] Dredd and it really didn’t work too well. Mind you, I’m conflicted about Dredd… I preferred the environment of the first [Stallone] film, but far preferred the acting and cast of the second [Urban] film.

I think there is an element of truth in the comment about momentum though. I just don’t think 2000AD has the push of Marvel/DC to get the same kind of take up. It’s too gritty, too dark, almost too niche. Everyone knows superman and Ironman, not everyone knows the uncompromising nature of the original Dredd.

PrinceJohn

I think there is an element of truth in the comment about momentum though. I just don’t think 2000AD has the push of Marvel/DC to get the same kind of take up. It’s too gritty, too dark, almost too niche. Everyone knows superman and Ironman, not everyone knows the uncompromising nature of the original Dredd.

Don’t forget the money. The whole MCU only really klicked off after Disney bought Marvel.

spawnofyorkshire

A Nikolai Dante series would be amazing, just give it to HBO instead of Netflix

Rogue Trooper was one of my favourites in 2000AD so i’m not sure about the prospect of a movie. Using vietnam war movies as a scale; I hope it’s more ‘Apocalypse Now’ than Rambo 2

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

a decent Strontium Dog adaptation

The stories are already there – Portrait Of A Mutant, Rage or anything with Durham Red

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Rogue Trooper’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts