Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Rigid 29er fork ideas…?
  • mboy
    Free Member

I’m after a rigid fork for a 29er frame. Tapered steerer, corrected for 100-120mm suspension ideally (so 470mm long or longer I think), QR is fine but thru axle preferred (although non Boost also preferred)…

Thoughts? I’d rather not spend Whisky or ENVE money that’s for sure, but not sure if I’d put my trust in unbranded direct from China forks without knowing others have good feedback on them…

sanername

I’ve got a could quality Chinese one in my shed that I haven’t used in a year or so. Can’t remember what the brand was, but it wasn’t cheap cheap. Right length for you, through axle, tapered. Dm me if you’re interested.

cromolyolly
    Free Member

eXotic do both carbon and ally in iirc 490mm. Theoretically 120mm replacement. RSD do an alloy one that’s over 500. Supposed to be corrected for 120mm too. The exotic ones aren’t ridiculous. Soma make a cromo version, not sure how easy it would be to find in the UK though.

goby

Look at the identiti XCT boost, or a couple of others in there range.

ciquta
    Free Member

I’m in the market for the same fork, but I’d rather stay below 480mm.
    TA is a must.

Looks like there’s no midrange market here, lot of chinese stuff below 150 bucks or overspendy jewelry over 500.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I’ve got some whisky boost through axles I’ll be selling in a month or so – ridden about 10 times.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Get a used Chinese one off someone who has had it for a while. If it hasn’t broken in first few rides it’s probably as good as any other fork. And will be about £70 second hand.

Shackleton

Pipedream do one for the new 100-120mm travel sirius (called srs48) so should be what you want. A-c is 482mm with 47mm offset. Available with or without rack mounts but is boost. £130.

https://www.pipedreamcycles.com/shop/rigid-forks/

The cynic in me thinks that these are basically the same fork as the identiti xct boost. Too similar from what I can see visually, price and spec wise to not come out of the same factory. But the identiti fork seems to get good reviews, so not necessarily a criticism, but also not a fork lovingly designed in Scotland!

cyclistm
    Free Member

Avoid alloy rigid forks, the ones on my Cannondale are harsh!

fudge9202
    Free Member

This got posted on a previous thread might be of use

https://www.carboncycles.cc/index.php?s=0&t=12&q=fork_selector&

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I have the Exotic full carbon in boost maxle and non-boost QR version, and it’s a good fork, although perhaps a tad stiff in some terrain.

That’s 490mm.

swanny853

Ciquta- Trek 1120? 300ish, boost, has interesting rack mounts. Might be a bit long a2c? Kinesis fork has served me well for years if you can find one in stock.

OP, can it be steel? Something by surly?

ciquta
    Free Member

the chinese og-evkin has some good reviews and at least they are sorta branded

also Trifox looks fine

sure it’s a bit of a gamble

nowad
    Free Member

Travers bikes. Look at the travers XC Prong. Not cheap but not expensive. Best item I’ve purchased in years.

damascus
    Free Member

I’m running a genesis tarn fork on my scandal but I’m not sure what the measurements are. Just couldn’t bring myself to buy an unknown ebay fork.

There might be some spare Selcof forks that came on the planet x bikes going spare. Again, not sure if measurements.

Put up a wanted add

ogri
    Free Member

Going boost on the front shouldn’t put you off buying.Simply rectified with a cheap ebay kit.

andy5390

Don’t know what your max budget is, but these are a bit more than half the Enve list price

https://www.brothercycles.com/shop/forks/carbon-mtb-fork/

Axle-to-crown – 482mm
    Offset – 46mm
    Steerer – 300mm, tapered 1 1/8 – 1 1/2″
    Tyre Clearance – 29 x 2.35″, 27.5 x 2.5″
    Hub Spacing – 100mm
    Post mount – minimum 160mm rotor
    Weight (uncut) – 560g

100x15mm QR thru axle included

A direct replacement for the steel fork, which is 100mm corrected

mboy
    Free Member

Don’t know what your max budget is, but these are a bit more than half the Enve list price

Looks ideal, but also looks identical to some of the £75-£100 ebay direct to consumer specials… I may know someone with a Brother Cycles account, so can find out if I can get one a bit cheaper possibly. Or ask whoe they buy their forks off, and go direct! 😂

Going boost on the front shouldn’t put you off buying.Simply rectified with a cheap ebay kit.

Assuming you’re not planning on swapping wheels, yeah fair enough… I may have a couple of wheelsets to swap between, and if possible, would prefer a lack of hassle and everything just to fit as it should. I wouldn’t let Boost stop me, but I’d rather find a non Boost fork if possible.

lardman
    Free Member

the 29er Selcof forks i have from Planet-X are pretty good.

120mm corrected
    tapered
    boost
    15mm thru axle

£200

lardman
    Free Member

I just run 2x 5mm cheap spacers on the axle of my old non-boost hub (with a re-dish) to make it boost.
    As long as you’re careful not to lose them when you take the wheels out… jobs-a-good’un.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Rigid 29er fork ideas…?’ is closed to new replies.