Home Forums Bike Forum Rigid 29er Complete Bikes??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Rigid 29er Complete Bikes??
  • P20

I’m looking at a new commuter as i’ve never got on with the cyclocross. I did post awhile back about a Cotic Roadrat, but i’m more thinking of a 29er. The main reason being that i prefer the shape/feel of a mountain bike. Looking at most of the 29ers out there they’re fitted front suspension which i won’t need. I’d rather spend the money on better running gear/wheels. Any thoughts?
    Also, any idea when the On-one Lurcher is available and its price, it could be an option.

clunker

Singular Swift?

tk46hal
    Free Member

They have the Lurcher to view if your near Sheffield/Rotherham!
    If you can find an original Scandal, that would make a really nice build and a very light Scandium frame weighing between 3 and 4 pounds depending on the size!

geordiemick00
    Free Member

I’m about to break this baby up, I can’t do hardtails. The frame is 19″ and only 4 months old with less than 150 miles on clock, with new hope BB and seat QR and the original FSA headset i’m looking for half of the £899 I paid for the frame..

tk46hal
    Free Member

If that had been a medium! :(

Nick

I’m 29er curious too and have been waiting for On-One to get some more in, Inbreds at the end of July apparently with Lurchers coming soon after.

takisawa2

How about a bit of good old fashioned steel…

[/url]
    IMAG0484[/url] by pten2106[/url], on Flickr

One of the Worlds last 29ers not owned by tk46hal. :-)

tk46hal
    Free Member

@P20,

What size frame are you after?

rOcKeTdOg

Sam does complete bikes
    [/url]
    Ombersley war memorial[/url] by rOcKeTdOgUk[/url], on Flickr

P20

I did look at the on-one scandals, but I take it theres a new one due??? If I did build it from a frame, I’d be going 1×10. Size wise, I’m 5’8″ and ride an 18″ carbon 456 ~ I presume that it would still be an 18″ in a 29er?
    That niner is very nice, it doesn’t look big enough for a 19″ though or is that with it being a 29er?

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Both bikes are fantastic and a joy to ride but I’d say the
    Singular Swift for comfort longer rides
    Niner Air9 for light weight and races

Not rigid like Rocketdog’s

geordiemick00
    Free Member

@P20: I think they’re are the same size in a 29er, I’m 6’0″ and found it quite comfy and not overly stretched, unfortunately my back just can’t take hardtail abuse. As an XC bike it’s a flier and I’ve took it down soom fairly techy routes too and it was very capable. 29ers tend to get quite long stems too and slight geometry tweaks are easily..

You can check out the geometry sizing here

http://www.ninerbikes.com/air9

If you’re on the M62 corridor I’d happily meet up and let you size it…

tk46hal
    Free Member

The Scandals have a long top tube just like the 456’s. I would think you’ll need a 16″

takisawa2

1 x 10 you say…
    (Suspension forks a temp thing).
    [/url]
    IMAG0524[/url] by pten2106[/url], on Flickr

5’9″ here & it fits perfectly.

Pogo
    Free Member

6’1″ here with an 18″ frame, the most comfortable MTB I’ve had…

Toying the idea of selling though due to becoming slightly more obsessed with road riding for some unknown reason!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Rigid 29er Complete Bikes??’ is closed to new replies.