Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Riding around Holmfirth – local knowledge wanted :)
  • IvanMTB
    Free Member

Hi,

Was supposed to do Cut Gate this morning but over slept and decided against it, due to expected millions of people walking/cycling around.

Instead took my Do-it-All Plug and done Rotherham-Holmfirth-Rotherham loop. Bit on road, bit on gravel and bit on full on MTB xD

Managed to clear Cheese Gate Nab Side down hill with only one dab. After regain my composure at the bottom started thinking that it would be right blast on a proper, capable, mountain bike.

However driving that far for arguably good, but only one descent would be a bit daft.

Hence my question. Is there any mountain bike riding around the area to be found? Even with necessary dirt track/tarmac joining links to make it worth traveling?

Cheers!
    I.

Larry_Lamb
    Free Member

Nope, no riding in or around Holmfirth. Nothing to see here.

Move along.

(What sort of riding you want to do, you can do not so gnarly to pretty gnarly – based on opinion due to skill level).

Pook

All baths and pensioners.

IvanMTB
    Free Member

What sort of riding you want to do

If there is more of likes of Cheese Gate Nab Side please give me a hint.

All baths and pensioners.

I beg to differ in regards to the latter… I’ve seen hordes of roadies in not so-pensionery age occupying all available outside spaces in numerous cafes and tea rooms, sipping their latte or whatever roadies tend to sip as a mid-ride drink 🙂

Cheers!
    I.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Riding around Holmfirth – local knowledge wanted :)’ is closed to new replies.