Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Reporting potentially dangerous wind damage to roof
  • Kunstler

Not mine but the tenement across the street has an eight foot long section of ridge lead hanging down the tiles, still attached at one end. That’s got to be pretty heavy. Okay, I figure it’s emergency enough.

amplebrew

Call the cops, they should turn up and if needed close off the immediate area. They’ll then probably get health and safety down to assess it and take it from there.

Kunstler

Ooh, I get to watch a fire engine. Jeez that was quick. I wouldn’t like to be the one who has to go up a ladder in this wind. I was just over by the crags in Holyrood Park at a point where the wind was funneling just walking with the bike (yeah, what?) and it lifted it in the air and spun it around. I was standing at 45 degrees holding on to it like a balloon.

Kunstler

And their work is done.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Just time to get to the scrappy before 5!

core

These issues are normally classed as dangerous structures, and as such dealt with by the local authority, so they’re the first port of call, building control usually get called out to assess the risk and arrange guarding/remedial works.

takisawa2

Can’t believe you’ve not posted a pic…

🙁

project
    Free Member

Firemen are on strike tonight,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Reporting potentially dangerous wind damage to roof’ is closed to new replies.