Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • removing grease / oil from clothing?
  • disco_stu
    Free Member

i managed to get some grease on a favorite fenchurch tracksuit top and sadly it hasn't come out in the wash, don't want to discard it so i could do with some tips to remove it

BigJohn

I always pour on a big blob of fairy liquid, give it a big scrub with a nailbrush or toothbrush then bung it in the wash with all the other stuff using normal washing powder at 40C. That always seems to happen to my best sweatshirts etc.

AndyPaice
    Free Member

you could try a 'Vanish Stain Bar' they have worked for me in the past. Or Fenwicks FS1 degreaser says it can be used (diluted) to wash clothes. I've used it for getting dirty oil out of white trainers before.

alpinegirl
    Free Member

You can buy special stain-remover liquids in the supermarkets (they will be next to the normal washing powder). They come in different sorts for the different types of stains´, I have one for oil-based stains and it has always worked well.

Christowkid
    Free Member

I always give it a squirt of Finish Line citric Degreaser, neat. Rub it in with fingers, give it anothe squirt then pop it in wit the wash.
    Always works a treat, especially with those 'missed my mouth' moments featuring butter, or fat splashes when cooking.
    ….oh, quite good for getting my chain clean too!

If you've already washed it though, might struggle with it now the stain's set, but worth a go
    cheers
    Q

nuke

I always give it a squirt of Finish Line citric Degreaser, neat. Rub it in with fingers, give it anothe squirt then pop it in wit the wash.

+ 1. Yep, squirt of a degreaser that evaporates off then into the wash.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘removing grease / oil from clothing?’ is closed to new replies.