Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Relationship advice please!
  • trevorphillips
    Free Member

I am using a new profile, I regularly post in here but I’m hiding my identity!

I have been with the girlfriend for some years now and we have a mortgage. Its slowly dawned on me that I’m actually pretty bored of her and I want change. Neither of us has done anything naughty, I just think it’s expired, we don’t converse a lot and we spend too much time on our phones when together. There is no excitement.

With my work I can relocate to within my sales patch. I’m currently in the middle of the country, approximately.

I really like Edinburgh especially the biking on the doorstep. I have come across another girl, who I just clicked with instantly. She lives in Edinburgh. She does not know I have a girlfriend, because I haven’t told her yet. I haven’t laid a finger on this girl, but she is beautiful, intelligent and I believe we may have some mileage and I’d like to find out. I do not know anybody else in the burgh and it would be a completely fresh start from the off.

Do I be honest with her straight from the off and say I am in a stagnant relationship and I want change and she can potentially offer this? I am afraid this will put her off me seeing as I have baggage. She may just walk away instantly which I do not wan however she may appreciate the honesty.

The other option is that I hide if from her for a while and tell her when it’s obvious to both of us that we have something. She may think I haven’t been as honest as I could have, which may be a turn off.

It’s a funny, confused feeling and I can’t think straight. Hence why I’m asking for opinions!

I think my question is, what do you think is the best way to tell her that I’m not a totally free agent without her freaking out and disappearing!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Relationship advice please!’ is closed to new replies.