Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Recommended jewellers in Birmingham Diamond quarter?
  • Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Been married to Mrs BS for 20 years this September, so I want to buy her an Eternity ring. She’s never really had a nice ring as we were skint kids with a mortgage when we got married and prioritised the house over jewellery in the early days.

Anyhoo, we live in Leicester, so thought to go to Birmingham to get decent bang for buck, but wary of poorer retailers after looking at online reviews, so looking for user recommendations off here instead as a starting point. She has no idea about what she’s after so wants to try on various styles and sizes to see what she prefers. will.

recommend away if you will. ta.

lunge

Crystalink are very good, I got 2 wedding, various other jewellery and an engagement ring from them. Very good service and they will make you something from scratch if you need. They are where I recommend people go to.
    Marlow’s are well priced but they can be a bit hard sell.
    Bicknell’s have the best showroom in the quarter but can be a little bit more expensive than others. Cracking service though.

BigJohn

If you want something made for you try Manna Jewellers, 16 Hockley St. Tatty looking shop but they do lovely work at a very good price. If you have any old jewellery, bits of stuff with stones in etc, it can be melted down, refashioned etc.

gavjackson1984
    Free Member

Highly recommend Element Bespoke Jewellery. Got my wife’s engagement ring made there and my wedding ring. Also bought her wedding ring from there. Really nice team who work there, no hard sell and the service was really good. Definitely gets big thumbs up from me.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Thanks guys, that’s a good start. would rather go with one who’s given good service before than complete shot in the dark.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Ended up at Marlow’s and as you say, quite pressure sales, but not too much the guy we dealt with. got a really nice ring for a nice price so Mrs BS is very happy.

bails

We had a ring custom made (to fit around another one) at Vault 88 on Vyse Street, the couple who ran it were really helpful and we paid much less than we thought we’d have to.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Piccadilly Jewellers on new street has some beautiful pieces in. We’ve spent many a while in their browsing and trying on, thankfully the “right one” hasn’t quite been found yet. Also don’t discount Nottingham as there are some very nice independents there too.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Charles Green

addy6402

We were very happy with the service from Marlows.

mechanicaldope

Marlows were good for me and my wife. Initially with a shaped engagement ring then a wedding band to nest together with it and a band for me. 10 years on and they are still giving a free of charge service each year. Basically a polish, making sure the diamonds are still set correctly and updating the valuations.

Also resized my band for free as my fingers have grown more ‘muscly’.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Recommended jewellers in Birmingham Diamond quarter?’ is closed to new replies.