Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Recommend me ride in the Lakes
  • Fewskills
    Free Member

I am staying in Ambleside for a few days next week. I'd like to do a four/five hour ride – what would can anyone recommend? If possible it would be good to do something new. In the past I've done Garbarn Pass, Walna Scar, Nan Bield Pass, High Street, Skiddaw loop, Borrowdale that I can think of. So similar but new. Cheers.

swoosh
    Free Member

Grizedale is good and you can spend a good few hours in and around there. Parkamoor?

simonralli2
    Free Member

Have you done the loop around Ullswater?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

if you have a light you could do this from Ambleside:
    click pic for bigger

NB. Sun not guaranteed…

thepurist

how about – ambleside/skelwith bridge/iron keld/hodge close/high tibberthwaite/round langdale/elterwater/loughrigg terrace/ambleside. options for cake stops and pubs in there too.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

if you contact me I can add some more "interesting" stuff into the route too 🙂

crazy-legs

how about – ambleside/skelwith bridge/iron keld/hodge close/high tibberthwaite/round langdale/elterwater/loughrigg terrace/ambleside. options for cake stops and pubs in there too.

Great route but that's only about 3-4hrs at a (very) leisurely pace – I've done it in sub 2hrs before. Top notch route it really is but you need to add in a bit extra – a loop out over Jenkin Crag to start or extend the ride south onto Claife Heights or something.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

as crazy-legs says 🙂 [but bear in mind he's a racing snake]

crocodilian
    Free Member

Probably need a boat for a lake really.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me ride in the Lakes’ is closed to new replies.