• This topic has 10 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by momo.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Recommend me a picturesque camp site in the peak district
  • momo

My girlfriend wants to go camping next weekend, so I’m looking for a nice campsite with good facilities, preferably with a nice pub (which serves food) within walking distance.

Looking at the peak district because it’s not too far from home (Lincoln), would welcome recommendations for other areas of the country, but ideally don’t want to be traveling for more than 2 hours each way as we’re only looking at staying away Saturday night.

Matt

andyfla
    Free Member

Someone must have a good site ?

twang
    Free Member

Edale there’s a few, very picturesque or north lees above hathersage. Look on ukcampsites for reviews

portlyone

There’s one in Hayfield that’s at the bottom of Jacob’s Ladder/Coldwell Clough/Elle Bank. Never stayed there but you can ride/walk from the tent zip to JL/Kinder Scout

Graham_Clark

There is a small one just down the road from Monsal Head (very good food and ales).
    Its called Park House and its details are here
    Good area for walking, cycling, etc… and pretty central.

milkyman
    Free Member

Hayfield is nice, and nice pub that does good food just over the river (sportsman)

some good riding as well near by

passtherizla
    Free Member

there is a nice site behind the travellers rest pub on the road from hathersdage to hope near aston farm… always been good to me.

br
    Free Member

+1 Hayfield site.

I think its NT?

Well presented and good pitches, plus easy walk to good food pub and not so far into Hayfield. And as said, on the Bridleway which can also be taken westwards where it joins the old railway cycleway.

will
    Free Member

+1 for Hayfield.

Can’t remember teh name but it was a great site, good facilites and close to the pub 🙂

BadlyWiredDog

I stayed at Hayfield the other week with my mate and his twin boys, it’s pleasant with a nice location, pub five minutes away, all very neat and clean and tidy, walking and biking straight out of the camp site. It’s a camping and caravan club site and the woman managing it was a bit officious, but nothing dreadful. I only live five miles away, so I wouldn’t normally camp there, but I was ‘on expedition’ 🙂

I’ve stayed at both Edale sites in the past, again quite decent – I prefer the one out near the station as it’s quieter. Also the Hathersage one in the dim and distant past. No issues with any of them.

The Barber Booth camp site at Edale is a bit more secluded, but a longish trek to the pub, ditto the farm camp site up near the top of Cavedale/Dirtlow Rake.

momo

Thanks for the info, I think the Hayfield one is possibly the wrong side of the peak for me, but have found one that I like the look of in Edale, so as long as the weather holds we’ll be heading there next weekend.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a picturesque camp site in the peak district’ is closed to new replies.