• This topic has 46 replies, 42 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by TiRed.
Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Rear light consensus – Flashing or constant?
  • Daffy

Steady on the head and flashing and solid on the seatpost.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

moon nebula on constant. End of.

cloudnine
    Free Member

2 moonshield 60’s.. One Flashing on back of my helmet and one constant on seat post.

Respro reflective ankle bands FTW!! Moving reflectives are the best way of grabbing attention in the dark.
    Ive got these reversible ones
    https://www.evanscycles.com/respro-ankle-bands-00106108

Not sure if they still make them

molgrips
    Free Member

Two is even more important on country roads because if a single light fails you are buggered. In town with streetlights you can at least use the pavement and see by street lights.

For country roads it’s a cateye rapid X with a lezyne stick job because that had a tight spot which is bright from a long distance. Don’t use that one in town.

singletrackmind

If I was to build a rear light bar ( lets call it the Saberlight )
    Which is slotted into a tube insert down by the QR , and a C clip by the brake boss.
    25mm dia
    500mm long
    Solid red with flashing section at the top 50mm long
    How far off the outside chainstay would you want it to sit ?
    100mm ? 200mm? more?

I just feel current rear lights just give drivers a very small avoidance target . They do nothing to add width or height to cyclist.

Sort of like these traffic batons , but removable

Chinese traffic wands

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

One of each. If the batteries fail on one then I put the remaining one on constant so by that gauge I guess the answer to the question is constant.

TiRed

Both here. Two Cateye Rapid micros. One on flashing, the other on full bright. For long rides, I swap modes half way. Also have a PDW fenderbot for reserve.

The trike has an extra rack mounted light for good m assure, plus a red eye plugged into a helmet Joystick!

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Rear light consensus – Flashing or constant?’ is closed to new replies.