Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Ragley Marley, or Clockwork Evo (sorry!)
  • ready

So I think I’ve narrowed it down to these 2, in 27.5 (Don’t want 29)
    The Clockwork EVO priced at £1260, or the Ragley Marley at £1099.
    Any personal experience pros/cons of either would be most helpful!
    How do they size up? What size would suit a 6’1″ guy?

BadlyWiredDog

Sonder Transmitter also worth a look. Just a brilliant bike.

luke0912
    Free Member

I have a large ragley Marley frame for sale and would highly recommend it really good fun bike and very capable bike im just under 6 foot and it’s perfect size for me.

scotroutes

Haven’t ridden the Clockwork but I’ve had a Marley for a couple of years and love it.

Kryton57

If you have a look at my forum history you’ll see a few posts about my EVO which I’ve had for 3 weeks, likely from the same place you are looking at judging by the price.

I have no experience of the Marley except to say the Clockworks colour is even better in real life.  If its the EVO S you are looking at, I feel its a perfect setup for UK winter specifically – the Deore brakes are very good and replacement pads are cheap, the SLX kit is also good and not expensive, but the Revelation fork is very very good. The bike is also a little bit “more” than it appears in the pics – its quite chunky but rides really well and is quite comfortable for what it is.   I bought mine as a winter / skills HT to complement a Scott Spark RC that I race.

I’m 5’11.5 and 32 inch leg and a L fits me perfectly, although the dropper is as low as it’ll go in the seat tube for me, so I imagine that’s be your size also.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2hwf74G]20191017_121536[/url]

Kryton57

Just googled the Marley.   Crikey they are very similar, practically the same Geo.   For me:

SLX vs NX – SLX is winner, its light and cheaper.

Kore droper vs the Brand X dropper – brand X is the winner by reputation.

The RF Cinch on the Orange means you can change chain rings easier if that important

joebristol

If it’s the Clockwork Evo Comp you’re looking at then I’d go for the Ragley Marley 1.0.

If you can stretch to the Clockwork Evo S then I think that’s worth the extra over the Ragley or the Comp version of the Evo.

phil5556

@luke0912 any details on the frame you’re selling?

phil5556

Cheers. I’ve seen that and am watching it, would you put it in a box for collection?
    I’m tempted at 99p 🙂

luke0912
    Free Member

Yeah I would courier it as well if needed, would come in a nice ragley box 😁

damascus
    Free Member

If I’d done it to my frame then I’d probably paint and put a sticker over it and carry on riding.

I wouldn’t buy a dented frame unless it was really cheap and I was going to use it for commuting etc

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Ragley Marley, or Clockwork Evo (sorry!)’ is closed to new replies.