Home Forums Bike Forum PSAs that may or may not be amazing enough to warrant their own thread

• This topic has 2,748 replies, 481 voices, and was last updated 10 hours ago by mashr.
Viewing 29 posts - 2,721 through 2,749 (of 2,749 total)
  • PSAs that may or may not be amazing enough to warrant their own thread
    chakaping

Yes, IXS Flow pads fit fine – as above it’s the thighs and ankles that are bizarrely tight.

I don’t think the sizing is wrong per se but the cut is unusual. The waist is true to size IMHO

True, but I’m wondering if the large will still cinch up OK at the waist, with the ratchet buckle, but be slightly less of a Kate Moss fit.

mashr

I wondered if the sizing might be odd after looking at their photos. The studio shots look too big for the guy wearing them, the action shots look almost painted on

doubleeagle
    Free Member

Are all sparda trousers designed for people of the same height? No variation in leg length. Looking forward to feedback on these from anyone 6 ft 3 ish about what sizes worked well.

mudita.cc

Barring a massive difference between the M and L, I’d say no.

Was grateful for them this morning though, p***ing down as it was. Comfortable and did the job.

cinnamon_girl

Household gubbins:

http://www.ethicalsuperstore.com

20% off 5 litre refills from Faith in Nature.

15% off selected products from Bower Collective.

15% off Shower Blocks.

10% off eco living.

20% off Miniml cleaning and laundry refills.

20% off The Cheeky Panda loo rolls.

20% off selected Ecozone products.

And more.

jkomo

Spada large fit me very closely, no room for pads my legs are short but manly. Think Lou Ferrino befor he goes green but he’s just had a paper cut.
    Ankle cuffs not terrible but generally as a wet weather uplift trouser needing pads, no way. For wet cross country, commuting or ebiking, maybe.
    You’d need gaiter of some sort otherwise the water is going straight in the sock.
    The expansion closure thing is good for before and after a massive fry up or pie.
    Shame they seem decent quality the large isn’t long on me and my stumpy legs though. 31 inch jeans.

chakaping

Spada large fit me very closely,

what waist size do you usually buy please?

jkomo

36 in jeans and straight cut.

jkomo

Just tried the Spada again (L) definitely too tight around the arse and gentleman’s area.
    No way even thin undershorts would fit.
    I’ll see if they’re any good for my kids or they’re going back.
    Shame they seem nicely made.

bens
    Free Member

Is there any give in the ankles on those trousers? Will they stretch over some boots with a neoprene cuff?

nickingsley

Will they stretch over some boots with a neoprene cuff?

No chance. I found them pretty tight getting over my feet (admittedly poor design). I found socks helped putting the Spada trousers on and taking off. Though I am quite taken with the trousers as good quality. Will see how they wear over time.

chakaping

36 in jeans and straight cut

Cheers, do you feel they’d cinch down to 34? Was there more clicks on the buckle?

jkomo

Chakaping- yeah no problem at all.

nickingsley

@bens I should have explained better. “No chance” because even though the Spadas just went over the top of the neoprene cuff on my Specialized defrosters, they ride up in use. Would a bigger size help?

chakaping

Up to 70% off Endura clobber on SportPursuit

Nothing I fancied, but looks good for S or XL peeps

flyingmonkeycorps

Just got my Spadas and can echo the ‘WTF’ comments on the ankle cuffs and slightly odd sizing.

I ordered M and L, and I’ve not even tried the mediums on. The large are a bit big around the waist – I need to cinch them right down, though wearing bibs and tucking in a top should help with that – but preeeeeeetty snug across my mighty thighs. Knees are quite baggy, I assume to allow space for pads.

The ankles are tight. I’m hoping they might loosen a little bit with use, they’re gonna be a pain to get off when they’re pissing wet. Hopefully they’ll go over SealSkinz and create quite a decent seal.

Ambrose

Mine have just arrived. I’m 1.92m tall, so went for the XXL. They seem to be really well made and feel great on my legs. The olive colour with the orange touches looks great. However they are way too short for me and as for the ankles- they are so tight I was slightly concerned about tearing them when I tried them on. There is a stretch panel to deal with this but even so I was a little worried and it took two of us to take them off.

It’s a distinctive look that some people might like but they are not for me.

flyingpotatoes

Just received 2 pairs of the spada pants in L and XL.

After comments about them went straight to the XL and they fit ok. The ankles are tight but do have a bit of give in them due to having an elasticated bit in them. Don’t think they will stretch over winter boots

Definitely tighter at the top of the thighs. Will decide in next couple of days whether to keep the XL. Shame as they seem well made.

PXL_20240927_130527703

rudedog
    Free Member

Too much trouser chat, not enough deals!

bens
    Free Member

£400 for some MRP Ribbon forks at Bird. 140mm/ 27.5.

https://www.bird.bike/product/mrp-ribbon-air-140mm-27-5-1880g-november-pre-order/

Some more forks with a decent chunk off but nothing close to the discount on those Ribbons

https://www.bird.bike/product-category/outlet/fork/?mc_cid=3629351b29&mc_eid=27ffb8bd31

flyingpotatoes

Too much trouser chat, not enough deals!

Username checks out ?

Sports Direct have an extra 20% off variety of stuff including, endurance, fox and tld using code EXTRA20

https://www.sportsdirect.com/clearance-promo

jonba
    Free Member

Uberbike have a regular sale back on.

https://www.uberbikecomponents.com/

mboy
    Free Member

£400 for some MRP Ribbon forks at Bird. 140mm/ 27.5.

If anybody wants the same fork but the 29er version (I also bought it from Bird a short while ago in the sale), PM me… A change of plans means it’s now surplus to requirements… Will let it go for £360…

Saw this on UK hot deals

That GT Sensor ST is one hell of a bike for the price!!! Shock stroke can be increased to 55mm to give 140mm travel, it’ll take a 150mm fork too… ??

hannahjayy
    Free Member

If anyone is a 36 or 38 inch waist I highly recommend the Alpinestars Tahoe waterproof trousers, £29.99 on Sports Pursuit at the moment. I do think they are quite small fitting on so maybe suitable for 34 or 36 inch waist usually.

I’m a 30 in waist usually, but had to go for 32 inch- am also female though so hips come into it.

Great trousers, kept me very dry and comfortable this morning in deepest darkest Tameside.

Linky link

frogstomp

Maxxis Assegai EXO 27.5 x 2.6 for £20 at Banana Industries. Doesn’t mention the compound so presumably the dual version.

frogstomp

Now FREE to sell on eBay from today – no listing or final value fees.

There are one or two caveats (max 300 listings/month, private sellers only, motors excluded etc.) so check the T&Cs if unsure.

z1ppy

Rab clothing on Sport Pursuit, I can defnitely recommend the Conduit pullover, a most excellent (thin) fleece baselayer

Rab Conduit pullover

mashr

Good deal on nice glasses, should come with a clear lens as well. I’ve just hoovered up the last pair that they had on the shelf, but still showing the same discount for ones they’ll order in

https://www.jejamescycles.com/product/13841704/shimano-clothing-shimano-technium-glasses-metallic-black-ridescape-off-road/option/

Viewing 29 posts - 2,721 through 2,749 (of 2,749 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.