Home Forums Bike Forum PSAs that may or may not be amazing enough to warrant their own thread

Viewing 40 posts - 921 through 960 (of 2,750 total)
  • PSAs that may or may not be amazing enough to warrant their own thread
  • velocipede
    Free Member

Can’t find any deals on the Garminwebsite @snotrag – any more details on the discount? I’m def in the market for one of those!

frogstomp

Can’t find any deals on the Garminwebsite @snotrag – any more details on the discount? I’m def in the market for one of those!

I think he’s referring to the Discounts available to STW site full members.

5lab
    Free Member

If you’re in the market for a new FS bike and a jump bike, Freewheel have you covered:

the ariel is already brilliant value, and a decent bike (had mine 2 years). A free pump track bike can’t be argued with

submarined
    Free Member

If anyone fancies an overpriced, badly sealed, noisy, unreliable, scene points winning huh with an unfashionable cassette driver, CRC have boost 28h i9 Torches with HG driver for a smidge over £200

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/p/industry-nine-torch-boost-rear-hub

sanchez89

hooli

£99 for a Brand x 170mm dropper, 30.9 from go outdoors

https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/16007680/brand-x-bx-dropper-post-16007680

Granted it isn’t a massive saving but may help somebody.

Ordered, thanks. Just need a seatpost shim now

chakaping

Just need a seatpost shim now

Brand X ones are great, if not all gone in the CRC fire sale.

hopefiendboy

note that Sigma sports have an extra 10 percent off all items inc sale stuff using code SALE10

Some tasty sets of wheels for not a lot of money now available there!

kimbers

For anyone thinking about going to the MK Rutland Cycles after my post yesterday I’ve now been and unless you want a bike there isn’t much point in making the trip – most of the stock except bikes is full price

lots cheap now, my wife got a Spesh Camber MIPS helmet for £16 and i bagged a grid trail 2.6 t9 tyre for £17.5, lots of spesh shoes cheap too
    tough shout for the staff thoughPXL_20240127_154723714

dano
    Free Member

Are there any discounts on bikes at mk Rutland?

kimbers

yeah all specialized, looks up to 50% off rrp

quite a few ebikes had a fair chunk off

jbproductions
    Free Member

I’ve picked up one of the £99 Elite Tuo turbo trainers though I’ve not taken it out the box yet.  Do I need to buy one of those front wheel riser things?

frogstomp

I’ve picked up one of the £99 Elite Tuo turbo trainers though I’ve not taken it out the box yet.  Do I need to buy one of those front wheel riser things?

It looks like it raises the rear wheel a decent amount so, yes, it’s probably worth getting one to avoid having your weight pitched forward onto your hands. If you are not planning on doing lots of out of the saddle sprinting you can probably get away with using a thick book, wood block etc.

nuke

Do I need to buy one of those front wheel riser things

Crc/wiggle are knocking them out at £2.99…

https://www.wiggle.com/p/lifeline-front-wheel-riser-block

Got one last week for my setup… bigger than expected but worked well for raising the front and adding stability

jimmy

@alanl @faz71 my Mammut boots just arrived, they’re quite snug but in a way that I think they come up small rather than narrow. Think I’ll exchange for a 7.5 ( or try StevenMenmuir’s 8s first)

markgoldstein
    Free Member

There are a handful of Ragley frames back in stock on Chiggle, mostly Mediums.

Big Al in aqua for £157.69 (SALE10 code), last one.

Would have snapped it up myself, but already picked up a Scout 290 frame for £200 last week…

dave_h

ajt123
    Free Member

M Wave pannier rack.

Was 30 quid a few weeks back.

Decided I’d get for occasional back packing.

alanl
    Free Member
    jimmy

@alanl  @faz71 my Mammut boots just arrived, they’re quite snug but in a way that I think they come up small rather than narrow. Think I’ll exchange for a 7.5 ( or try StevenMenmuir’s 8s first)

Thanks, they arrived at 11am, they were back at the PO at 2pm, far too narrow. Thanks for the heads up anyway, if they were wider they’d have been great.

afrothunder88

Anyone after a set of of the Mammut’s in size 11? I have two pairs that will need to be sent back otherwise?? Ordered 2x size 11 instead of 1x 11 and 1x 12

mlltt

Airdrop have a few cheap bits, noticeably one up V2 droppers for £115

Outlet

pisco

Maybe of interest if you live in the East Midlands. This is my LBS, Rode Cycles, Southwell, Notts.

20240203_081935

rOcKeTdOg

Update: thanks to @lucasshmucas for the links, I went for the Alpkit OEM revelation for £220 delivered as it was the correct offset for my frame

PXL_20240203_172838788

P20

I got a pair of those revs from alpkit last year. Great fork for the money and plenty of upgrade options

devash
    Free Member

WINTER24 gets you 20% off at Kinetic Bike Bearings. Valid until 15th Feb. Very annoying as I just ordered a full set of bearings from them last week! Might have to go back and stock up.

thered

@pisco Andy is a top bloke too, I used to love going in to see him.

stayhigh

@devash thank you for this :)

alric
    Free Member

Fitbit premium- mine came with 6months premium which expired. But they wanted to transfer my account to google (who own fitbit) and offered me 6months premium in doing so.(which i believe i can transfer to whichever fitbit i have)
    Im not saying fitbit are any good, but they are better with the subscription

alan1977
    Free Member

quite a few deals on older model Trek Top Fuel’s

Trek Top Fuel 9.7 Full-suspension Mountain Bike 2022-2023 | Triton Cycles

silentgrunt

Cheers for that one @devash

Full set ordered for mine and the mrs for less than £75 and will replace come spring

rOcKeTdOg

If anyone wants an ass-savers win-wing (or anything off the ass savers site) GARYW_10 gets you 10% off

https://asssavers.avln.me/c/cUbtlkbNxhHx

choppersquad
    Free Member

Anyone having trouble on the Kinetic Bearing website?
    I’m clicking ‘next’ at the postage stage and nothing’s happening.

choppersquad
    Free Member

Sorted..me just being an idiot. Thanks for the PSA.

luv2ride
    Free Member

Specialized website sale has extra 10% off at the minute, with free delivery and free returns. Just got this polartec alpha trail jacket for £85: https://www.specialized.com/gb/en/mens-trail-alpha-jacket/p/187991?color=1000093131-187991

Also just ordered the polartec grid fleece jersey for £35. Cushty

oceanskipper

XG 1295 X01 10-50 £214 on Amazon.

kevgeorge

“If anyone wants an ass-savers win-wing (or anything off the ass savers site) GARYW_10 gets you 10% off“.

20% off Ass-savers via member discounts on here.

Gribs

XG 1295 X01 10-50 £214 on Amazon.

https://www.merlincycles.com/sram-xg-1295-eagle-cassette-12-speed-90656.html

10-52 for £199 at Merlin.

squealer
    Free Member

The virus mythique 26” wheel for kids is half price at crc.

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/p/vitus-mythique-26-youth-mountain-bike

snotrag

Apologies for missing the earlier questions but yes, the £175 Garmin Instinct 2 is accessible to full members via our STW discounts (link up there somewhere). Lots of other good deals too.

For the smartwatch curious – I’m really happy – I didnt want a big colour computer screen on my arm – this replaced my well battered daily Carbon G-Shock and its almost identical in size, and appearance.

lovewookie

email popped in this morning:

On-One Scandal SRAM GX AXS Mountain Bike

Scandal GX AXS.

£1300 seems like a bit of a deal on the face of it. at RRP you’re getting a GX AXS groupset and a free rest of bike, but the image doesn’t show the AXS, but I assume it’s not T type.

spec seems OK otherwise too, Pike selects, G2 brakes.

I think it’s a good deal? I think…

Daffy

There are some incredible discounts on Cannondale forks at Merlin.  If I had a compatible hubs, I’d have been very tempted by a Supermax and an Ocho!  Maybe even an Oliver for the gravel bike!

Viewing 40 posts - 921 through 960 (of 2,750 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.