Home Forums Bike Forum PSAs that may or may not be amazing enough to warrant their own thread

Viewing 40 posts - 881 through 920 (of 2,750 total)
  • PSAs that may or may not be amazing enough to warrant their own thread
  • grimep
    Free Member

Have all the hard tail MTB bargains dried up, junior is unlikely to still fit on his Halfords Voodoo this summer?

breninbeener

@grimep I have sent you a DM

Ian

kimbers

According to Instagram the Milton Keynes Rutland Cycles branch is closing downDiscounts of up to 55% (note I am aware that there isn’t much love for Rutland on STW but this might be of interest to someone, so am flagging it up)

ooohhh I can stop on the way home
    It always was massive store in a very out of the way part of MK, that never seemed to have anyone in

Onzadog
    Free Member

3 x GX 12sp chains or 1 x XO1 chain for the same price… anyone have thoughts on the best option for durability / wear resistance / overall approach? I’ve only recently fitted 12-sp with XG1175 cassettes and XO1 chains on both bikes, but GX chains at that price are very tempting.

I’d take 1xXO1 given those choices. Have a look at the data in Zero Friction Cycling. Top end eagle chains aren’t fast, but they are very durable.

Some people have had issue with GX cracking I think.

oldfart

£23.99 bit of a bargain?

flyingpotatoes

SIS go electrolyte powder 1.6kg orange £17.19 or subscribe and save £15.47 on Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B009M3SCFG?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image

robola

£17.19 or subscribe and save £15.47 £ 1.72 on Amazon

a11y

I’d take 1xXO1 given those choices. Have a look at the data in Zero Friction Cycling. Top end eagle chains aren’t fast, but they are very durable.

Thanks. Found that review/analysis after asking. XO1 it is, when I need it. That plus I found 2 x GX chains I forgot I got as a package deal when I bought my XG1175 cassettes…

lovewookie

@ceept

Sorry i didn’t see thst. 500 c-t.

flyingpotatoes

£17.19 or subscribe and save £ 1.72 on Amazon

Oops 😬

ceept

Thanks @lovewookie.

I should be ok with a 150mm dropper in it, so fingers crossed🤞

Should be arriving tomorrow, will be a slow build though.

alanl
    Free Member

jimmy.  

Mammut have some half price boots,

What do they fit like? I’ve got duck feet, so extra wide would be perfect, if they are slightly narrow, or even medium/standard, then no way would they fit me. I find Keen shoes are just about OK for their width, and was looking at similar versions to the Mammut linked earlier.

Thanks.

faz71

@Jimmy thanks for that Mammut PSA. My Mercury GTX boots have just started to fall apart after 10yrs of regular use so it’s great to get them replaced.

jimmy

@alanl – I have wide feet, possibly duck like too. My Raichle boots have been like slippers, and Mammut bought Raichle so I’m hoping a similar fit. I’ve not had mammut boots before but have heard they fit like Raichle.

@faz71 👍

faz71

Wide feet here too. Haven’t tried many others in their range but my old Mammut’s were like slippers.

purple_moose
    Free Member

For anyone thinking about going to the MK Rutland Cycles after my post yesterday I’ve now been and unless you want a bike there isn’t much point in making the trip – most of the stock except bikes is full price

afrothunder88

Mammut have some half price boots, my Raichle boots are finally falling apart so taking advantage.

https://www.mammut.com/uk/en/products/3030-03160-0379/mercury-iii-mid-gtx-men

@jimmy
    – How did you find these? They don’t appear under the Boots section when browsing them rough the website? My wife is also after some boots so I’m wondering if similar offers are available on any women’s versions…

jimmy

@afrothunder88 – I’d just googled Mammut boots on a whim and they came up in search results directly.

Oddly, I was telling my missus and she couldn’t find them either!

I’ve had a dispatched confirmation though, so I think/hope they’re real.

cogglepin

@oldfart thanks needed another pair of trousers and that seemed a good price so I will give them a go.

andybrad

theres a ctek 5.0 charger at halfords for 55 quid with the trade card. I cant post a link unfortunately.

oldfart

Your welcome cogglepin I’ve ordered a pair as well, rude not to at that price

cannondalem500

A search https://www.mammut.com/uk/en/search?q=mercury+iii will bring the boots up. Ordered a pair for myself.
    So that’s a pair of boots, two Lyrik forks, BB52, 4xM4100 10 speed cassettes, a Rapha Infinium and a Rapha Hooded jacket that have been ordered thanks to the PSAs on here. Saved a small fortune compared to RRP, but I’m all spent up now so no more please!

afrothunder88

Ah yes, searching for the various “models” brings up quite a few different boots and shoes on sale, found the matching women’s Nova so now we’re gonna have his n hers. Cheers¡

davros

If you can live with the colour, these endura trousers are brilliant for £53. All sizes available. My pair are on their third winter and they’ve lasted well. Nice normal fit too, no weird carrot leg shape.

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/p/endura-mt500-spray-mtb-trousers?color=electric-blue&sizeStandard=2XL

nickfrog
    Free Member

Only x9 Yaris 29 160mm on CRC left at £180 after 10% code

chakaping

This looks worth a punt for a budget all-in-one light at £30:

LifeLine Pavo 1400 Lumen Motion Front Light | Chain Reaction (chainreactioncycles.com)

Might be best as a helmet light (but helmet mount costs extra).

woodster

@chakaping I bought one to go with my £35 Aria which usefully got me another bar mount. seems nicely made, not convinced its 1400 Lumens though.

They don’t sell a helmet mount anymore that I can see, so I do need to figure out if there’s something out there that will work or I can adapt.

flyingpotatoes

Madison Isoler Merino Waterproof Sock £13.99

Seems a good price

https://www.freewheel.co.uk/madison-isoler-merino-waterproof-sock-varmcl21w81

chakaping

@woodster – The description says max output 1,100 lumens in constant, so your suspicions are probably correct.

So I imagine it’s a bit weedy as a bar light for technical MTB riding, but would probably suit some uses well.

snotrag

Garmin Instinct 2, 40 or 45mm size is £175 on the Members Deals currently, Solar version discount too.

https://www.garmin.com/en-GB/p/775421

https://www.bikeperfect.com/reviews/garmin-instinct-2-solar-review-a-rugged-smartwatch-with-solar-charging

I think its already good value, but this is a great deal – not available anywhere else for less.

You’ll have to follow the links over there to get this price >

Some great prices on some of the other models too.

nickjb
    Free Member

They don’t sell a helmet mount anymore that I can see, so I do need to figure out if there’s something out there that will work or I can adapt.

Is it a garmin mount? You can get Garmin to GoPro adapters and that’ll give you more helmet mount options. I have a slightly different light but I’ve modified a GoPro mount and bolted that straight on. Might be possible too.

cp

Is it a garmin mount?

No they are a proprietary mount which is actually quite nice and a lot more solid than a Garmin mount.

Folk are selling 3D printed adaptors from go pro to Lifeline over on the ebay.

woodster

@cp, Thanks that looks like a good option. Will the 3D printed stuff will be up to the task for off-road riding?

@nickjb
    Sadly it’s an almost Garmin mount, so it nearly works, but not quite.

silentgrunt

Grabbed those rockshox Yaris for £179 – don’t actually need them but figured it’s not much more than a full service on my forks!

oceanskipper

Eagle 1299 cassettes at £245 ish on Wiggle with EXTRA10 discount.

dano
    Free Member

I have a spare Yari 160mm 29er fork. I paid £140 and if anyone wants to collect it from Stockport it’s theirs for what I paid.

hooli

£99 for a Brand x 170mm dropper, 30.9 from go outdoors

https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/16007680/brand-x-bx-dropper-post-16007680

Granted it isn’t a massive saving but may help somebody.

roger_mellie

If you’re in the market for a new FS bike and a jump bike, Freewheel have you covered:

when you buy any Myst or Ariel, we’ll send you a Saracen CR2 jump bike absolutely FREE!

Here’s how it works:

1. Visit Freewheel.co.uk

2. Choose your dream Saracen Myst or Ariel before 9th February 2024.

3. Use the code ‘JUMPBIKE’ at checkout.

4. Prepare for the arrival of not one, but two incredible bikes!

It’s that simple!

Viewing 40 posts - 881 through 920 (of 2,750 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.